Are you ready to gain new skills to help run and maintain the latest production technology and equipment for the world's biggest brands? We're looking for a licensed Second Class Engineer Control Room Operatorto work in our power generation facility.
Working behind the scenes in our manufacturing plants, Control Room Operatorare vital to the success of our business at P&G. As an operator, youwill work as owners and leaders of the shift and equipment.
We hire you at entry level and you advance by demonstrating growing levels of operating, maintenance and leadership skills. We also provide you with the opportunity to expand into electrical, quality assurance, safety and hygiene, and other areas of expertise.
Meaningful work on Day 1
We do various types of work, operating and maintaining power generation equipment, including:7.2 MW co-generation combined cycle, steam turbines, boilers, chillers, compressed air, vacuum and process watersystems. These systems are critical to the manufacturing process.
We offer you:
* Ownership of your work from your first day
* Maintain world-renowned production technologies in some interesting ways
* The chance to influence the production and quality of our products
* Mentorship, coaching, training, and guidance
* Known for providing a safe work environment
We have no doubt these skills will help you on the job?
* Able to display skills in manufacturing processes, including operating, maintaining and cleaning automated equipment
* Maintaining accurate records and data
* Display strong technical, interpersonal and analytical skills
* Operating essential material handling equipment at the site e.g., clamp truck, forklift, hand trucks, etc.
We believe in order to be able to perform on the job, you will need to meet the following physical requirements:
* Use basic hand and power tools
* Lift 50 pounds by bending and stooping; climb, stand, and move around on stairs, ladders and platforms; twist, turn and bend
* Enter confined spaces
* Stand on concrete floors for an extended period of time.
The BostonProcter & Gamble Plant operates 7-days per week. We rely on local talent and relocation is generally not paid.Technicians work any day of the week, including weekends. Work on weekends may be as overtime or as part of the Technician's normal schedule. Changes in business volume and production requirements can cause the plant to occasionally change the length of work shifts or the rotation schedule. The hours of work vary from 8 to 12 hours per day. Shift rotations vary from working a single straight shift to working two or three rotating shifts. Technicians are expected to be willing to rotate and to work any shift. Additional days could be required to be worked as overtime.
Are you ready to join this renowned team?
WE BELIEVE YOU WILL BE AN EXCELLENT FIT HERE IF, YOU:
* Are 18 years of age or older
* Have a minimum of a high school diploma, GED or equivalent education
* Possess a current Commonwealth of Massachusetts 2nd Class Engineering License, at minimum. License requirements must be maintained
* Haveat least3years' experience in operations and/or maintenance of major power plant equipment
* Demonstrate good understanding of and experience in compressed air systems, chillers, turbines, boilers, RO, sea water/process water/waste water systems
JUST SO YOU KNOW:
* Relocation is generally not paid
* All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
* Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
* Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
* Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.