- Princeton University Staff
- $70,740.00 -138,950.00/year*
Be part of the PPPL's Engineering Apprenticeship Program! This registered apprenticeship requires 8,000 hours of on-the-job learning, performed at PPPL under the supervision of skilled workers, supplemented by a minimum of 144 hours for each year of apprenticeship (576 hours) of technical instruction, offered at Mercer County Technical School. Upon completion of a registered apprenticeship, the individual will receive a nationally recognized credential issued by the U.S. Department of Labor-Office of Apprenticeship. As an Apprentice and regular employee of Princeton University, you will receive benefits including medical, dental and vision care plans, child/elderly dependent care grants including backup care, tuition reimbursement, contributions to a retirement plan at 9.3%, and paid time off. We are looking for a team player with excellent communication, problem solving, practical and analytical skills, with a strong work ethic.
* Applies theory and related knowledge to commission, test and modify developmental or operational mechanical equipment and machinery in a large laboratory environment.
* Assembles and tests experimental vacuum, water, cryogenic, magnetic, and other equipment and components according to engineering data and knowledge of mechanical principles.
* Modifies mechanical prototypes to correct functional deviations under direction of a mechanical engineer.
* Diagnoses cause of malfunction or failure of operational equipment and perform preventative and corrective maintenance.
* Develops layout drawings and technical procedures for system or equipment modifications, and directs personnel performing routine installation and maintenance duties.
* Plans, directs, and records periodic testing, and recommends or initiates modification or replacement of equipment which fails to meet acceptable operating standards.
* May operate bench lathes, drills, and other machine tools to fabricate non-procurable items.
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* Must be at least 18 years old.
* Must be eligible for work in the United States.
* Must have worked at PPPL for a minimum 30 calendar days, without incurring disciplinary actions.
(Salary grade for the Apprenticeship Program will start as TSS00 and increase to TSS01)
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...