The Lead Power Engineer ensures the successful operation, performance and maintenance of the motor-generator (MG) sets and associated systems.
* Ensures the MG sets are operational for supporting the experiment.
* Plans and implements routine maintenance, testing and repair activities for the MG systems, consisting of the motor-generators, cycloconverters, liquid rheostats, excitation systems, associated medium voltage switchgear, transformers, and protection, monitoring and control equipment.
* Directs and performs troubleshooting, as required, on the MG systems.
* Provides recommendations for improvements and upgrades to the system.
* BS Electrical Engineering. MS Electrical Engineering preferred.
* Minimum 7 years of relevant experience.
* Experience in the maintenance, testing and operation of rotating machinery for power plants and/or cycloconverter drives.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Associated topics: dsp, electrical, electromagnetic, embed, grid, insulator, kw kwh, lineman, live line, pole
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.