- Princeton University Staff
- $70,740.00 -138,950.00/year*
Support NSTX-U and PS&T Diagnostic development. Perform design and analysis, and oversee fabrication, assembly, installation of selected diagnostics. Work involves one or more of the following: design and development of equipment, test of materials, preparation of specifications and technical procedures, process study. Independently evaluate, select, and apply standard techniques, procedures, and criteria, in making adaptations and modifications.
* Develop designs compliant with all technical requirements.
* Develop, run and summarize results of analysis models.
* Produce documentation that establishes the design basis and supports the design review process.
* Produce documentation that supports procurement activities
* Oversee fabrication activities at suppliers' facilities.
* Resolve timely issues that may impede progress with their tasks.
* Produce accurate, reliable input to the cost and scheduling planning process.
* Adhere to planned cost and schedule during the execution phase.
BS in Mechanical Engineering, or similar degree.
More than 6-years' experience in mechanical systems design, integration and installation for complex equipment.
Experience designing and deploying components and systems compatible with ultra high vacuum.
Experience designing optics and scientific instruments.
Effective written and oral communication skills.
MS in Mechanical Engineering, or similar degree.
Experience with electro-mechanical systems.
Experience with precision engineering and mechatronics.
Experience performing analysis, e.g. ANSYS.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Associated topics: ansys, cae, chassis, fluid, motor, msme, naval, rotordynamic, solidworks, vibration
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...