- Princeton University Staff
- $96,010.00 -138,950.00/year*
Have full technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing and coordinating assignments for projects related to PPPL present and future cryo systems. This involves in depth understanding of the subject area, ability to learn the existing systems, creativity and problem solving, attention to detail and confidence with codes and standards. Initiate and maintain extensive contacts with all stakeholders within and outside the Laboratory.
* Learn the existing systems
* Support the development (design, analysis input?) of further cryo systems
* Develop designs compliant with all technical requirements
* Produce documentation that establishes the design basis and supports the design review process
* Liaise with ES&H, QA and Procurement
* Produce documentation that supports procurement activities
* Oversee fabrication activities at suppliers' facilities
* Resolve timely issues that may impede progress with their tasks
* Produce accurate, reliable input to the cost and scheduling planning process
* Adhere to planned cost and schedule during the execution phase.
* Supervise the execution of tasks and projects by staff to ensure proper engineering methodology, efficiency, progress, quality and documentation. Take action to resolve technical issues when necessary.
BS in Mechanical (or relevant) Engineering and 7 years' experience, or MS and 5 years' experience.
More than 5-years'relevant experience, i.e. design, construction, installation, commissioning or decommissioning of cryogenic systems.
Experience working in a highly regulated environment.
Experience in the superconductor magnet industry.
Experience designing vacuum components and systems.
Radiological experience and qualifications.
Experience writing grants or proposals for DOE funding, or similar.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...