Director of Product Management
PlanSource in Orlando, FL
- Industry: Executive Management - Engineering/Production
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $119,820.00 - 202,330.00 / Year*
PlanSource is a high-growth software company headquartered in Orlando, Florida with offices in Salt Lake City, Minneapolis, Charleston, and Grand Rapids Michigan. We are currently seeking a Director, Product Innovation who will be responsible for the delivery of the Exchange Platform and special client implementation projects. This position is responsible for developing and executing project work plans, in conjunction with the Project Sponsor by effectively applying your domain knowledge. This position works collaboratively with our clients and other departments to ensure the project is aligned with business needs, while planning, organizing, and managing both resources and processes in order to achieve client team expectations.
The Director of Product Management will identify new and expanded market opportunities in the benefits administration space, show ownership of requirements definition and design of products/solutions that meet demonstrated market needs, project management of creation and delivery of products/solutions, coordinating with development, quality assurance, business leaders and other stakeholders; and drive a product roadmap that sets PlanSource up for success in the market. You will be well-versed working a fast-paced environment, and you have a passion for not just thinking outside of the box - you want to blow the box up! If this sounds intriguing, read on!
Responsibilities / Duties:
- Accountable for full product management lifecycle, from defining product vision and strategy, development and execution of product roadmap, launch, and ongoing management.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining business model and product pricing that optimizes financial goals
- Oversees commercial and operating performance of product scope against stated KPIs
- Develops a robust market, customer, and competitor fact base to inform critical product decisions
- Develops high-level requirements and buy/build/partner decisions for roadmap concepts
- Works closely with Product Owners and UX to communicate vision and requirements for new features and drive timely feature delivery
- Engages in the development process to provide clarity and direction
- Liaises with Product Marketing on go-to-market strategy, product positioning, and value propositions
- Oversees key customer, partner, and industry relationships
- Develops in-depth knowledge of product functionality
- Leads cross-functional Product Council and business reviews on product goals, performance, and priorities
- Recruits develop and coach a team of high performing product managers
- Must be able to work outside of normal work hours
- Ability to travel when needed (at least 25% of the time)
- Bachelor's degree is required in Business Administration or other relevant education. MBA s preferred
- Certified Product Owner, or strong understanding of Agile/Scrum techniques
- Hands-on design experience with enterprise B2B applications for both technical and business users
- Relevant experience 5-7+ years of product management related experience. Demonstrated experience in developing Software products. B2B SaaS experience is preferred.
- Sound business judgment - can focus on what s important, synthesize complex information simply, and extract key insights.
- Strong bias towards action - can efficiently drive projects to conclusion through proactive planning, extremely high attention to detail, and holding stakeholders accountable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - can craft clear requirements and expertly communicate with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Domain experience Has a strong grasp of market ecosystem and value drivers, as well as adjacent spaces.
- High EQ understands stakeholder motivations, can influence across audiences, and can hold key partners accountable.
- Commercial fluency comfortable with financials, monetization strategy, and business case development to achieve financial goals.
- Product disposition strong intellectual curiosity to understand products, how they work, and how they solve client problems.
- Technical Expertise - solid technical background with understanding and experience in Data Science and AI/ML-based products
- Product Tools experience implementing and using product management tools like Aha, Jira, Confluence, and Pendo.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Financial KPIs: product revenue, bookings, profitability, growth, market share
- Operational KPIs: Roadmap delivered / roadmap committed
- Customer KPIs: Net Promoter Score, Retention rate
- Product KPIs: Product usage rate, Product adoption rate
- The opportunity to work for a fast growing, established technology company, but work side-by-side with a small, dynamic team of talented professionals.
- Fast-paced environment with big goals and the opportunity to make a big impact (no bureaucracy).
- An awesome work environment for creative professionals.
Top ten reasons to come to PlanSource:
#10: Join the Vista Family. In March 2019, Vista Equity Partners acquired PlanSource, marking a new phase of growth. Vista s portfolio of technology and software companies collectively make up the 4th largest software ecosystem in the world with intraportfolio career advancement opportunities and have structures in place to leverage shared learnings from across the ecosystem.
#9: We are on a roll. Be part of a winning team Thousands of employers and millions of consumers use the PlanSource Platform for benefits shopping, enrollment, billing and ongoing administration.
#8: Success is rewarded. With more than just a pat on the back, your success is recognized and rewarded. We take care of our employees in every way we can, with comprehensive benefits, cool perks, fun offices and no-holds-barred Nerf wars.
#7: You can grow and develop professionally. PlanSource has a great track record of internal promotions and also filling open positions within the company.
#6: We give you the support you need. Different departments support you and provide you with the access and tools you need to succeed.
#5: Our business model is strong. With a leveraged sales model, our network of partners helps the organization succeed.
#4: Strong partnerships fuel your success. National partnerships with leading insurance carriers such as Aflac, Cigna, Guardian, MetLife, and Unum provide a competitive advantage and added credibility.
#3: The benefits industry is on fire. Legislation including the ACA has created an urgent and pervasive need in the marketplace for our technology.
#2: PlanSource has the right product. Show off our sophisticated cloud-based technology that meets the needs of even the most complex benefit programs.
#1: PlanSource is the right company. Join an up-and-coming high-growth technology company that is well funded and values its employees and their families.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!