The T cell Immuno-Oncology (I-O) group in Pfizer is building a world-class immunology team and is seeking a highly motivated and creative Senior Scientist to join a group of researchers evaluating novel therapies in the fields of Cancer Immunotherapy, Immune Checkpoint Biology, and Innate Immunity. The candidate will work closely with the team and other disciplines across Pfizer to drive early discovery research programs into early clinical development, providing scientific and technical expertise. Specifically, the candidate will identify and validate drug targets that impact T cell function, differentiation and trafficking using a variety of tools including, classic molecular, cellular, and biochemical techniques, as well as modern imaging techniques, systems immunology, bioinformatics, and preclinical in vitro and in vivo models.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the manager and the team to discover and develop new therapeutic modalities for cancer immunotherapy. Ensure the project meets the deadlines set by the company's leadership team.
- Design and perform experiments to evaluate the anatomical distribution, persistence and function of antigen-specific T cells in preclinical models of cancer.
- Explore disease mechanisms and mechanism of drug action in vitro and in vivo .
- Collaborate with protein engineering, computational biology and clinical development group to pursue the most promising drug candidates through clinical trials.
- Participate in collaboration on novel I-O targets with internal and external collaborators.
- Ph.D. in Immuno-oncology, Immunology, Cancer Biology or a comparable biological science, with a minimum of 0-3 years of experience and a strong track record of scientific publications.
- Solid hands-on experience with conventional immunological techniques: immune cell isolation, multi-color flow cytometry, in vitro immune cell functional assays and in vivo tumor models.
- Experience in assessing T cell function, differentiation, exhaustion and memory development.
- Must have excellent organization and planning skills, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment independently and as part of a team. Attention to details. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong motivation with a dedicated work ethic.
- Able to master new concepts and techniques quickly.
- Prior experience or a strong interest in developing novel immunotherapies for cancer.
- Hands-on experience in qRT-PCR, ELISA, Western blotting, ChIP-seq, RNA-seq, ATAC-seq and CyTOF is desirable.
- Hands-on experience in CRISPR, RNAi, lentiviral transduction and exogenous gene expression is a plus.
- Hands-on experience in syngeneic and spontaneous tumor models, adoptive cell transfer is desirable.
- Ability to perform lab-based research on a daily basis (e.g. lifting, sitting, standing, walking, bending, ability to perform mathematical calculations and ability to perform complex data analysis).
EEO & Employment Eligibility
- Ability to analyze and interpret work published in the field and use it to place our work in context.
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: December 18, 2018
- Eligible for Relocation Package
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Associated topics: ancmg, aoa, breast, hem onc, hematology, oncology, palliative, physician md, radiation, thedacare