- Perkins Eastman
- $91,455.00 -152,260.00/year*
We are currently seeking a talented individual to be an integral part of our highly regarded lab planning team in Boston, MA. The position has responsibility for collaborating on a broad spectrum of laboratory projects in materials science, engineering and industry. Our team provides programming and planning, lab design, architectural and engineering coordination, equipment planning and construction administration. We require a high degree of communication with clients and user groups to develop laboratory requirements and to guide projects to superior outcomes for all stakeholders.
Perkins Eastman is a global design firm with expertise that covers all aspects of the built environment. With studios in 17 locations worldwide, we design for people, to enhance the human experience and leave a lasting and positive impact on peoples lives and the world we inhabit.
We are an integrated firm with our professional roster consisting of architects, interior designers, planners, urban designers, landscape architects, graphic designers, construction specification writers, construction economists, environmental analysts, resiliency experts, traffic and transportation engineers, and several other professional disciplines.
* Lead/assists a project team in development of the aesthetic and technical design and the preparation of architectural design and construction documents including drawings and specifications.
* Collaborates with or serves as the Project Designer and or Project Manager for the design of the project.
* Experience in developing construction documents with minimum supervision.
* Leads in organizing the drawing, BIM modeling efforts.
* Develops, checks and coordinates technical aspects of the design of a project.
* Prepares the project code review with other senior staff and consultant input.
* Coordinates with consulting engineers documents and specifications.
* Meets with client and maintains excellent rapport.
* Follows and focuses on established standards for project production and review.
* Keeps Project Manager and Principal in Charge informed of progress or need for assistance.
* Supervises and mentors assigned staff.
* Working alongside the Perkins Eastman Sr. Project manager, the ideal candidate would: effectively collaborate with a project team to provide technical expertise in laboratory programming and planning of materials science, engineering and other complex technical facilities.
* Actively participate in stakeholder meetings with heads of departments, specialists and others to collect and refine program needs for laboratory facilities.
* Assist in developing project scope, plan, and services during the process.
* Assist in the development, modification and/or review of laboratory planning design concepts and solutions with the client.
* Develop architectural drawings and specifications to translate planning concepts into construction documents proposals.
* Assist in maintaining excellent relationships with existing and potential clients.
* Five-year Bachelor or Master Degree in Architecture is required.
* Minimum of six to ten years having produced contract documents and performed construction administration services for laboratory, science and light manufacturing facilities.
* Ability to work collaboratively with architectural designers and engineers to satisfy the demands for productive, flexible and exciting laboratory environments.
* Strong communication skills, articulate, graphic, organization, technical verbal and written skills.
* Passion for being part of a team devoted to making great architecture for science and technology.
* Demonstrated experience in and readiness to lead the technical details of projects.
* Proficient with computer-assisted design software such as Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe, Photoshop, Illustrator, In-design; 3D software such as Sketch up and or Rhino.
* Strong proficiency in REVIT is a must with the ability to lead A Team.
* Proficient with other data management software such as Word and Excel.
* LEED Accreditation preferred.
* Architecture license preferred, but not required.
Associated topics: backend, devops, expert, lead, maven, perl, senior, senior software developer, software architect, software engineer lead
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...