- Pepco Energy Services
- $103,600.00 -152,870.00/year*
5773 Delta Rd
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Responsible for performing reactor engineering and technical tasks, under general supervision, in support of nuclear plant operations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Perform engineering and technical tasks as assigned by supervision applying reactor engineering principles.
- Assure all engineering recommendations prepared are in accordance with applicable safety analyses, industry codes, engineering specifications and all regulatory requirements.
- Participate in the development and implementation of effective processes and techniques at appropriate levels of detail and in compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Recommend format and methodology improvements to standard processes and procedures.
- B. S. in Engineering or equivalent technical degree
- Minimum 2 years engineering experience
- Engineer in training certification
- Prior reactor engineering experience
- Must have good grasp of techniques and a good understanding of the fundamental functions performed by the group.
Department Specific Roles/Responsibilities:
- Reactor Engineer
- Manage activities associated with operation of the reactor core. Assignments include, but are not be limited to, on-shift navigation of planned reactivity maneuvers, short-term core management, control rod and nuclear instrumentation lifetime management, heat cycle analysis, custodial responsibility for special nuclear materials, analysis and planning of fuel movements, dry fuel storage coordination, spent fuel rack management, and responsibility for computer based reactor analysis and reactivity control systems. Assignments may also include technical evaluations, development of station procedures, troubleshooting of plant systems, developing acceptance test criteria and testing plans for plant modifications, performance of operability determinations and oversight of the station Reactivity Management program.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Associated topics: decommissioning, nuclear, nuclear engineer, nuclear reactor, radiation, radiochemical, radiochemist, reactor, spent fuel
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...