- Partners HealthCare System
- $86,765.00 -138,950.00/year*
The Tearney Laboratory (www.tearneylab.org) at the Massachusetts General Hospital is a multidisciplinary research laboratory that invents, designs and validates innovative optical diagnostic imaging technologies in clinical studies. The Tearney lab develops microscopy catheters in house and uses them to diagnose various diseases including those in the GI tract and the heart. Ultimately the focus of our lab is to conduct microscopy of entire human body in vivo. The clinical manufacturing and regulatory team is key to the translation of our technologies from bench to bedside. A critical member to this team, the Research Engineering Technician, assembles and tests imaging catheters used in clinical research.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Research Engineering Technician will be responsible for assembling imaging catheters for multiple clinical applications. The assembly of all components and sub-assemblies will be performed using drawings, bills of materials, and written instructions. Fabrication work will involve precise polishing and alignment of optical components. The Research Engineering Technician will also be responsible for testing and troubleshooting all sub-assemblies and final assemblies. The Research Engineering Technician will also conduct in-process quality checks to ensure that established quality standards are met.
* Assemble catheters for various clinical applications based on drawings and written instructions.
* Work from and understand schematics, diagrams, written and verbal instructions
* Align and assemble small components
* Assemble mechanical systems
* Testing and troubleshooting of sub-assemblies and final assemblies
* Conduct in-process quality checks to ensure the established quality standards
* Feedback and support engineering activities such as design, test, checkout and modification
* Proficient with computers, internet, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, & Outlook
* Skilled in using hand tools and basic electronic and mechanical equipment
* Have the ability to read and follow assembly drawings and directions
* Good organizational skills and the ability to function with minimal supervision
Bachelor's Degree preferred
High School Diploma required
1 years of optics or mechanical assembly experience preferred
Associated topics: bsme, chassis, design, mechanism, msme, proe, solidworks, turbine, turbomachinery, vehicle
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...