- Partners HealthCare System
- $102,855.00 -169,240.00/year*
Postdoctoral Position (Biomedical Imaging)
A post-doctoral research position in the area of biomedical imaging is available in the laboratory of Prof. Tayyaba Hasan at the Wellman Center for Photomedicine at Massachusetts General Hospital. This position is heavily multidisciplinary, requiring the candidate to take on leading roles in projects and collaborating with chemists, cancer biologists and clinicians to translate light-based cancer treatments for human use. Systems studied include 2D and 3D cell culture, live animal imaging (both whole body and endoscope based) and ex-vivo organ imaging.
Working on projects to use optical imaging to therapy monitoring and therapy optimization. Providing imaging advice and analysis for on-going laboratory projects, brainstorming with other team members to develop interdisciplinary solutions to existing problems.
* PhD in Biomedical Engineering, Physics, Electrical Engineering, or related fields.
* A solid understanding of fluorescence theory/chemistry, fluorescence imaging in biological contexts and image analysis is required.
* Expertise in optical instrument design, the molecular biology of cancer, cancer treatment, animal models of cancer, cell culture, photoacoustic imaging, pharmacokinetics, photodynamic therapy, endoscopy or programming (e.g., MATLAB, Java, C) is helpful but not required.
For further information on laboratory and research, see the following sites:
Applications may be sent to Ms. Mallika Priya at ...@mgh.harvard.edu and Ms. Bernadette Vijayakanthan at ...@mgh.harvard.edu.
Associated topics: bio, biochemistry, bioprocess, bioprocessing, biosynthetic, enzyme, hereditary, medical, metabolic, msat
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...