Vice President, Legal Affairs (Apple Valley)
Compensation: $168,200.00 - $168,200.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
About The Brand
Founded in 1912, Paramount Pictures works with talented filmmakers to produce and distribute entertainment around the world. The iconic Paramount logo has opened some of the most successful and beloved films in cinematic history, including timeless classics such as Sunset Boulevard, The Godfather, Forrest Gump and Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and blockbuster franchises such as Star Trek, Transformers, and Mission Impossible. Recent innovative break-out films such as Interstellar, Arrival and A Quiet Place have added to Paramount's film legacy. Paramount Pictures Television's 13 Reasons Why, The Alienist and Jack Reacher have also been thrilling audiences. With a beautiful 65-acre lot in the heart of Hollywood, a worldwide network of offices and a culture of engagement, Paramount's passionate employees ensure the studio continues to deliver creativity and innovation to a dynamic industry. Paramount is a subsidiary of ViacomCBS, which reaches 700 million global subscribers through MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, BET and other media networks.
Overview and Responsibilities
Do you love film? Are you an excellent writer? If so, Paramount's open Vice President, Legal Affairs role may be for you! The Motion Picture Legal Department leads all legal aspects of major theatrical motion picture and other feature-length productions, including the drafting and negotiation of talent agreements and other contracts relating to development and production. The ideal candidate will also be responsible for handling all talent agreements and other related contracts associated with assigned features.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Draft and negotiate rights, writer, director, producer and other talent agreements
- Provide legal advice during production as well as development to in-house groups and outside production personnel
- Work closely with other production attorneys as well as attorneys specializing in below-the-line contracts, including location and vendor agreements
- Handle complicated chain of title matters to insure underlying rights of all projects are clear
- Advise on copyright and trademark issues
- Advise on questions that arise under applicable union and guild collective bargaining agreements
- Negotiate and draft co-financing and acquisition agreements
- Minimum of 10 years of experience at a major law firm or motion picture studio, preferably both
- Able to work collaboratively, and exercise sound judgment with a perspective focused on finding solutions
- JD degree
- Admitted to the California Bar
- Significant and direct experience supervising all legal aspects of a theatrical motion picture production at a major or mini-major motion picture studio
- Ability to work effectively, proactively, independently and efficiently under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness to seek matters outside of areas of expertise
Posted: 02/23/:32 AM
Associated topics: attorney, child custody, firm, law office, legal firm, legal office, legal service, litigate, litigating, litigation defense firm
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...