Compensation: $83,420.00 - $132,320.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
The Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC) Mission is to provide Naval Warfare Centers, the Fleet, and other customers with accurate undersea, surface, and in-air three-dimensional tracking data and other unique Atlantic test facilities. In support of Research, Development, Test and Evaluation (RDT&E), and Fleet readiness assessment and training. AUTEC is a Major Range and Test Facility Base (MRTFB) and the Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Division Newport's largest single team project, providing both deep and shallow water test and training environments.
Responsible for supporting dockside and at-sea sensor accuracy testing on US and NATO surface ships, submarines, and helicopters for the AUTEC Project.
- Support testing of installed sensor on surface ships, submarines and helicopters.
- Prepare equipment and board test vessels as scheduled.
- Interact with shipboard personnel to achieve goals of the designated test.
- Monitor shipboard and NFA personnel in equipment setup and operation to ensure quality of data collection.
- Analyze data and produce reports in a timely manner to designated recipients.
- Monitors shipboard personnel in equipment setup and operation to ensure quality of data collection.
- Supervises the operation of acoustic target generation systems, radar transponders and EW simulator systems in a real-time test environment
- Ensures validity of data against data collection standards.
- Installs, configures and operates computer network to support real time data collection.
- Support engineering changes, prepare documentation, perform equipment modifications, and install and test new equipment.
- Conduct special studies and prepare technical report regarding equipment performance and improvement.
- Interfaces with naval officers and enlisted personnel to achieve goals of the designated test.
- Participates in the development of specifications for new equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field preferred.
- Minimum of AS in related field with 4 years military experience and training in military sensor systems (Radar, sonar or navigation systems).
- Minimum of one year supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of and experience in one or more of the following: Sonar systems and acoustic theory, Radar system and RF Theory, Electronic Warfare Systems GPS Computer/networking.
- U.S. Navy surface ship, submarine, and helicopter navigation and target sensor systems knowledge highly desirable.
- Must be medically qualified for short duration stays on ships and submarines.
- Must be able to reach, stand, walk, kneel, crawl, crouch, sit, climb and balance.
- Must be able to lift and move 50 pounds.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- This position requires the individual to be eligible to obtain a US Government security clearance; US Citizenship is required
- Must be able to travel to remote location with limited medical facilities
- A valid US Passport and Driver’s License is required.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster SupplementJob Requirements:* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...