Are you looking for a company that cares about people s lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day. We re currently looking for a to join us in our State College, PA office.
Let s inspire healthier lives, together.
The Senior Transducer Design Engineer takes a lead-level role in the engineering design and development of industrial ultrasonic conventional and phased array transducers and related electromechanical assemblies and accessories.
In a typical day, you will:
* Work with teammates and customers to deliver solutions that address the world s most challenging industrial inspection needs.
* Design industrial ultrasonic conventional and phased array transducers, and related electromechanical assemblies and accessories, based on input from customers, Product Management, and the Sales team.
* Create 3D CAD models, assemblies and drawings for all parts of the designs, and for the tooling required to build the products.
* Design flexible circuits and printed circuit boards.
* Create bills of materials (engineering masters) for the products being designed.
* Personally manage individual daily tasks to balance numerous design projects concurrently.
* Work closely with others during the product design process, procurement of materials, pilot production, and release to production.
* Partner with Olympus teammates across all functions to deliver solutions that address the world s most challenging industrial inspection needs.
* Perform design consultation with product managers, sales team, and customers.
* Development of prototype build processes.
* Oversight of pilot production and testing.
* Manage numerous, concurrent, design projects from concept to fulfillment.
* Perform all other essential duties as assigned.
* Bachelor s Degree in Engineering or related area of study or equivalent experience is required.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in the mechanical design, support, and documentation of instruments or industrial products is required.
?* Minimal travel to customer, vendors, other company locations, and trade shows (less than 10%).
* Experience with the design of ultrasonic transducers or other electro-mechanical assemblies is strongly preferred.
* Ultrasonic Level II (ASNT) certification is preferred.
* Proficient with 3D CAD software (SolidWorks preferred).
* Ability to work well as a member of a team.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent time management and project management skills.
* Working knowledge of assembly processes used to manufacture ultrasonic transducers.
* Proficient with the design of flexible and rigid printed circuit boards.
* Functional knowledge of materials used in the assembly of ultrasonic transducers.
* Knowledge of Eddy Current probe design and manufacturing.
We realize work isn t just a job to you.
It s a big part of your life, but not the only part. That s why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks so you can be ready for where life can take you.
Loading some great jobs for you...