Are you looking for a company that cares about people s lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day. We re currently looking for an to join us in our Bartlett, TN office.
Let s inspire healthier lives, together.
The Engineering Manager has responsibility for the engineering group; supporting new product development initiatives and legacy production management activities. The engineering manager develops and improves processes as required by the business, meeting project and product cost and delivery targets. The engineering manager is responsible for the proactive development and introduction of manufacturing engineering practices in accordance with regulatory requirements and the business strategy of the Company as well as providing guidance to the engineering staff.
As a Senior Engineering Manager working on the Manufacturing Engineering team, you will be empowered and inspired to do your best work. You will contribute to our mission by providing leadership to assigned staff towards achieving department, site & corporate objectives. In a typical day, you will:
* Be the operations project manager (PLC) on new product development and transfer projects.
* Update senior management on operational performance of the manufacturing processes developed as part of a new product team.
* Maintain responsibility for the development and validation of capable production processes that meet operational objectives.
* Drive DFM discussions with R&D and Production Technology on all new products.
* Support the production line with continuous improvements, including line layout and material replenish.
* Evaluate all available internal and external technologies including manufacturing equipment, and materials.
* Select and implement appropriate technologies that result in lower manufacturing cost, lower process variability and higher manufacturing capability.
* Prioritizes and manages execution of multiple departmental and new product development projects.
* Leads, trains, and provides work direction to technicians and engineers.
* Train product builders when required as part of a validation or product launch.
* Manage the engineering function to ensure the effective application of the resources and leading the team to achieve the identified business objectives.
* Oversee selection of processes that meet business goals.
* Work with other engineering managers and cross-functionally to standardize, leverage and implement engineering tools and establish best-demonstrated practices
* Develop and control the validation and verification strategy for legacy products as new equipment is acquired or as process improvements are implemented.
* To advise personnel in product and process validation and verification activities and train in best practices for medical device manufacture.
* Provide engineering resources in support of supplier introduction and development.
* Provide engineering resources in support of CAPA and compliance activities.
* Own and drive all operations and process risk management documentation
* Ensure effective Engineering input to MRB activity.
* Work collaboratively as a member of site leadership to improve the overall operations of the site and moral of the employees.
* Perform all other essential duties as directed.
* Bachelor s degree in science, engineering or technology discipline required.
* Minimum 7 years of professional experience.
* Master s degree preferred.
* Minimum 3 years of functional management preferred.
* Demonstrated success in leadership of people.
* Ability to think both logically and creatively and possess sound reporting abilities.
* Working knowledge of core engineering tools such as 6- sigma, FMEA, Risk Analysis, Process Mapping, Standard Work Instructions, Lean Manufacturing, Manufacturing Work Instruction Creation, DOE methods, Process Characterization, Verification & Validation activities.
* Demonstrated project management techniques and approaches.
* Efficient Knowledge of basic software, including MS Office, Visio and Solidworks.
We realize work isn t just a job to you.
It s a big part of your life, but not the only part. That s why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks so you can be ready for where life can take you.
Loading some great jobs for you...