Transducer Design Engineer II
Pennsylvania, State College
Are you looking for a company that cares about people s lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day. We re currently looking for a Transducer Design Engineer II to join us in our State College, PA office.
Let s inspire healthier lives, together.
The Transducer Design Engineer II performs technical work related to planning, developing, and adapting methods to document, produce and improve products and manufacturing processes. The incumbent works with manufacturing personnel to develop and document operations required to produce new and existing phased array products. He/she works inter-departmentally to model, design and monitor the manufacturing of adapt-to-order products. The incumbent works with manufacturing personnel to develop and document operations required to repair and/or test returned phased array products. The Transducer Design Engineer is responsible for conducting sustaining engineering activities to support existing probe production processes, including failure and root cause analyses and corrective action verification and implementation. He/she collaborates with other design engineers to coordinate the release of new phased array products. This includes the modelling, manufacturing, operator training, and documentation required to sustain a large-scale production release.
In a typical day, you will:
* Design new ultrasonic transducers per customer specifications.
* Redesign existing products to improve manufacturability.
* Conduct failure and root cause analysis and determines and/or drives corrective actions.
* Develop documentation related to the design, inspection and testing of new probes.
* Participate in the design of production test equipment and procedures.
* Provide sustaining engineering activities to existing production systems.
* Improve ceramic processing procedures to reduce cost of non- quality.
* Perform all other essential duties as assigned.
* Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent work experience.
* Minimum of 2 years of experience; Manufacturing environment is preferred
* Extensive experience with 3D modelling software (Solid works preferred).
* Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
* Basic understanding of piezoelectricity and ultrasonic transducer design.
* Demonstrated structured problem-solving skills.
* Ability to effectively communicate with manufacturing employees.
* Experience with AutoCAD, Draft Sight or flexible circuit design equivalent.
* Experience in the design and manufacture of phased array products.
* Understanding of Six Sigma and lean manufacturing.
* Documentation in accordance with ISO
We realize work isn t just a job to you.
It s a big part of your life, but not the only part. That s why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks so you can be ready for where life can take you.
State College OSST
Research & Development
Auto req ID
Olympus Scientific Solutions Americas Corp
At Olympus, we put a lot of good back into the world, and what we do really matters. We are committed to making people s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling every day by crafting innovative optical and digital solutions in medical technologies, microscopy, industrial solutions, cameras, and audio recorders.
We view our relationship with and commitment to our employees with the same passion. Everything we do at Olympus is a reflection of our vision, and everyone here helps to make it a reality. We re invested in our employees, great ideas, and how they impact the communities around us. We see the world through multiple lenses and come together to find the right answers; the best solutions.
THAT S OLYMPUS.
TRUE TO YOU. TRUE TO SOCIETY. TRUE TO LIFE.
Olympus Scientific Solutions Americas Corp
Olympus embraces diversity and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policies as well as our values prohibit unlawful discrimination based on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, genetic information, ancestry, military or veteran status, or any other federal, state or local protected classification. EOE Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
Loading some great jobs for you...