- Olympus Corporation of the Americas
- $65,335.00 -125,760.00/year*
69 University Dr
In a typical day, you will:
* Provide acoustics domain expertise to Production Engineering for both existing and new product developments.
* Participate the NPI projects for transducer product developments with the emphasis on DFM, quality, low cost and better performance.
* Coordinate internal product studies and failure analysis necessary to evaluate and improve acoustical performance of products.
* Work hands-on in development lab and manufacturing floor, as well as through technicians and engineers, to test, debug and improve transducer products.
* Support Supply Chain to specify, select, and qualify externally purchased acoustical components (crystals, plastics, other) for transducer products.
* Support internal processes to specify, select, and qualify acoustical components (backings, matching layers, composites, other).
* Collaborate with the Supply Chain and Quality to identify, evaluate, and select vendors, subcontractors, service providers, and consultants, and work with them to drive our acoustic requirements into the products they provide.
* Support manufacturing and quality organizations to ensure manufacturability and field reliability.
* Collaborate with Product Management organizations to define new feature requirements to meet specific applications and market needs.
* Provide the technical consultation when help is requested in addressing customer concerns.
* Perform all other essential duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree in an engineering discipline.
* Minimum of 5 years in a manufacturing environment.
* Experience with acoustic modelling/simulation software such as PZ Flex, Matlab, Piezo CAD, CIVA, and K-Wave.
* Proficient in Solid Works.
* Ability to design and optimize acoustic transducers.
* Ability to develop acoustic test methods.
* Excellent statistics and analytical skills.
* Self-starter, highly motivated with good organizational and time management skills.
* Strong interpersonal communication skills.
* Ability to interface with customers and be effective at managing vendors and suppliers.
* Experience with developing materials and acoustic materials characterization.
* Experience with transducer mechanical design.
* Experience with transducer modeling, including KLM or finite element analysis.
* Understanding of signal processing algorithms is a plus.
**We realize work isn't just a job to you.**
It's a big part of your life, but not the only part. That's why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks - so you can be ready for where life can take you.
Are you looking for a company that cares about people's lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people's lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day. We're currently looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join us in our State College, PA office.
**Let's inspire healthier lives, together.**
The Senior Mechanical Engineer is responsible for the complete acoustic design for the transducer product lines. This includes NPI support, documentation, manufacturing support, failure analysis, and design improvement. Individual must be able to evaluate acoustic devices, components, assemblies and systems for development and improvements of transducer products. Additionally, the incumbent fosters innovation by investigating emerging acoustic technologies and creatively applying these into Olympus' transducer products.
**TRUE TO YOU. TRUE TO SOCIETY. TRUE TO LIFE.**
Olympus Scientific Solutions Americas Corp at
Olympus embraces diversity and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policies as well as our values prohibit unlawful discrimination based on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, genetic information, ancestry, military or veteran status, or any other federal, state or local protected classification. EOE Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
At Olympus, we put a lot of good back into the world, and what we do really matters. We are committed to making people's lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling every day by crafting innovative optical and digital solutions in medical technologies, microscopy, industrial solutions, cameras, and audio recorders.
We view our relationship with and commitment to our employees with the same passion. Everything we do at Olympus is a reflection of our vision, and everyone here helps to make it a reality. We're invested in our employees, great ideas, and how they impact the communities around us. We see the world through multiple lenses and come together to find the right answers; the best solutions.
Olympus Scientific Solutions Americas Corp at
Pennsylvania, State College
Senior Acoustic Engineer
Research & Development
State College OSST
**Auto req ID:**
Olympus is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination based on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, genetic information, ancestry, military or veteran status, or any other federal, state or local protected classification.
Associated topics: assembly, brakes, catia, bsme, mechanism, msme, powertrain, proe, rotordynamic, thermal
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...