Have you been dreaming of a career in Montana? We'll even help you get here! A NW Montana based company specializing in a unique wood production process has a Production Manufacturing Manager position available. This is a wonderful opportunity to become part of a progressive, creative company in an exciting, high growth industry.
The company is actively seeking an experienced, proven, forward thinking individual to fill the role of Production Manufacturing Manager for our facility in Northwest, Montana. Successful applicants will supervise all aspects and departments of the Company s processing facility. The Production Manufacturing Manager reports directly to the General Manager and manages employees and processes for the production, quality, shipping, maintenance and R&D project functions of the company. The Production Manufacturing Manager also oversees the inventory department and ordering of all raw materials. The individual filling the Production Manufacturing Manager position must have strong leadership experience and the ability to lead in an efficient team environment. Candidates should be good at thinking on their feet in a changing production environment, be task and goal oriented, care about the well-being of their team, possess quality leadership skills, and take great pride in their craftsmanship.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Become a student of the industry, learn the process and the product
- Management of Production Personnel
- Manage key team members
- Set goals and plans with each team member and periodically review their progress towards attaining those goals.
- Insure job evaluations are completed on time for all personnel.
- Delegate appropriate authority and responsibility as well as implement necessary controls to ensure all work is being performed to company standards.
- Attract, hire and retain the best employees.
- Implement an appropriate training & cross-training program ensure employees have the necessary skills and talent to achieve company goals.
- Ensure company policies are enforced and necessary employee discipline procedures are in place.
- Establish, monitor and report to Sr. Management, key production performance metrics.
- Set annual operating budget, report quarterly to Sr. Management on attainment of budget with explanation of any cost variations.
- Work with Sr. Management to develop operating goals for productivity, quality, safety and costs and report quarterly.
- Take necessary actions and implement necessary controls to ensure attainment of operating goals.
- Production Process
- Develop an in depth knowledge of the production process specifically the operation and performance of the production equipment and supporting platforms
- Act as the liaison with the off shore equipment integration team in becoming the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on the equipment, process and product produced.
- Oversee the development of new product offerings including initial R & D requirements in partnership with other leaders and related experts.
- Oversee the purchase of materials for the fulfillment of Company production goals.
- Establish purchasing procedures to maintain & control inventory levels at appropriate levels at all times.
- Periodically review vendor pricing for cost savings and efficiencies.
- Supervise quarterly inventory counts.
- Manufacturing Health and Safety Performance and Compliance
- Enforce and update as needed company safety policies.
- Ensure manufacturing operations are performed within OSHA standards and guidelines.
- Measure, monitor and report quarterly on manufacturing safety performance.
Manufacturing Quality Performance
- Establish procedures and controls to attain 100% accuracy and on-time-delivery on all customer shipments.
- Establish procedures and controls to attain zero defect rate in all manufactured products.
- Establish and maintain procedures to investigate customer complaints and implement solutions to those complaints when relating to the production process.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum ten (10) years production manufacturing experience preferred
- Knowledge of the wood/wood processing industry preferred but not required
- Knowledge of industrial engineering methods as pertaining to attaining operational excellence.
- Knowledge of wood related design, tools and instruments involved in the production and use of wood products including, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Knowledge of principles and processes involved in business and organizational planning to understand and contribute to a project s profit/loss profile.
- Ability to establish a teamwork environment in all manufacturing areas and lead by example.
- Physical requirements include the ability to frequently stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, sit, talk and hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Bachelor s degree or 10 years of production management experience (or an equivalent combination of schooling and experience).
Company offers a competitive salary and performance-based incentives to the right candidate with great potential for future growth. Relocation assistance, PTO, retirement, sick leave, health insurance including medical, dental, and vision, and paid holidays. Wage is $65,000 + DOE
Associated topics: fertilize, forklift, fork lift, inventory, lawn, manage, management, mow, plant management, transplant