As an NRG employee, we encourage you to think creatively and proactively about your career choices. Our work environment is dynamic and the career opportunities across our businesses offer variety and challenge. Providing career growth to our own employees is critical to our ongoing success-take charge of your career goals and empower your future!
The Supply Chain Analyst will be responsible for procuring goods and/or services and support sourcing and purchasing needs for business units, providing industry, technical, and supply chain expertise. Manage suppliers to deliver the highest quality, reliability and value to meet company and business unit requirements. Provide expertise to support business and system processes utilized in sourcing and purchasing.
* Manage onboarding process for all suppliers; ability to independently asses qualifications and make determinations, where appropriate
* Assist with maintenance and/or modification of existing systems and implementation of new systems utilized by the Supply Chain organization
* Trouble shoot and resolves system issues
* Manage projects and processes to support procurement system enhancements and fixes.
* Lead a team of end users to define project requirements and prepare detail scope documents for IT
* Identify and facilitate high-level solutions to support the needs and requirements of the Supply Chain team
* Act as a technical resource and support to Supply Chain personnel regarding system issues
* Conduct preliminary studies of new system functionality and develop process improvements
* Build thorough understanding of the Supply Chain team s specific needs and requirements
* Support eCommerce and punchout catalogs
* Pull ad-hoc reports from ERP or business warehouse as requested by end users
* Assist with the development of procurement systems to help support Sarbanes Oxley controls.
* Maintain approver tables in accordance with the applicable policies
* Support system implementations for new sites including data migration
* Facilitate user group calls to obtain feedback on upcoming enhancements, processes and system changes.
* /Open office environment./
* /Some overtime required as special projects arise./
* /Travel (add % of time or minimal, etc.)/
* A minimum of 3-5 years in sourcing/procurement/supply chain in a relevant industry. Experience in energy industry preferred, power generation industry a plus.
* High school diploma or GED.
* Bachelor s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline. Applicable experience in related disciplines or industries may be substituted for the degree requirement. Partial credit may be given for Associate or technical degrees/certification. CPM, CPSM, CSCP, APICS, and/or PMI certification is preferred. Please list the required education, experience, and certifications required to do this role
*Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:*
* Strong working knowledge of computer applications including ERP applications (SAP preferred) Microsoft products (Excel) and ability to broaden knowledge as new technology becomes available.
* Ability to grasp internal customer requirements and supply chain strategy
* Ability to network and integrate information that achieves the overall best value for the company.
* Strong attention to detail, organization skills, and time management
* Effective written and verbal communication
* Self-starter who has ability to work collaboratively to achieve high-level results.
* Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships
* Ability to make timely fact-based decisions and manage multiple projects at one time.
* Ability to think creatively to find efficient solutions to various business challenges
* Knowledge of Supply Chain policies, procedures, and practices
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills. Official description on file with Human Resources. Associated topics: business, cost efficient, industrial engineer, manufacturing engineer, methods engineer, project, sap, supply, supply chain
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.