Northrop Grumman Defense Systems (NGDS) is seeking a Wideband Satellite Communications SATCOM Subject Matter Expert (SME) with experience in formal engineering life-cycle processes to work in Orlando, Florida. NGMS is an industry leader in developing, integrating, and sustaining complex systems for the US Department of Defense. Our Team performs a variety of tasks leading to the successful integration, test, and deployment of complex DoD systems worldwide.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Satellite Communications, Networking, and Training Team, which includes the Wideband Training and Certification System (WTCS), Common Network Planning Software (CNPS), Wideband Remote Monitoring Sensor (WRMS), and Wideband Satellite Communications (SATCOM) Trend Analysis and Anomaly Resolution System/WSOMS Mediated Interoperability Infrastructure (WSTARS/WMII), and JP2008 programs.The applicant will beworking on design, development, testing, and implementation of all aspects ofthe systems development lifecycle. Applicant will perform a variety of dutiesin systems and software development and test. She/he will work from systemsdocuments and specifications, and follow written and verbal instructions,conduct test and report data and results in prescribed formats
Qualifications Basic Qualifications:
Experience with standard system engineering processes for the development of complex systems
• Knowledge base of Wideband SATCOM Operational Management System (WSOMS)
• Knowledge base of commercial SATCOM systems
• Experience or familiarization with analysis of satellite events, troubleshooting anomalies, outages, interference, technical feasibility, interoperability
• Familiarization with DoD systems and subsystems (e.g. C2ISR platforms, SATCOM, data links).
• Familiarization with computer networking and cyber security principles and practices
• Understanding of radio frequency (RF) theory as it relates to communications (including satellite link performance parameters, link budgets and interference calculations)
• Knowledge of advanced satellite waveforms and modem operations.Northrop Grumman iscommitted to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be anEqual Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regardto race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any otherprotected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, pleasevisit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for mostpositions.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...