At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Principal Computer Networking and Storage Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, FL.
* Equipment requirements analysis, design and develop computer and network architectures, implementation of COTS approaches, perform hardware integration and testing
* Performing trade studies, analyzing performance, and evaluating Technology Readiness Level (TRL) with regard to supplier current and future products offerings
* Assist in the generating supplier evaluation criteria and conducting technical evaluations, documenting results and selection
* Support supplier technical interchange meetings and design reviews
* The integration and test of Prime Mission Equipment hardware into laboratories and mission platforms including creation of hardware test processes and procedures using Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems test procedure document guidelines and templates and Design of bench test tools in support of hardware bench testing
The selected candidate will research, design, develop, and test a variety of electronic equipment and systems, including computing, networking and storage components; and control and command equipment; radar and other RF and electro optical and infrared sensing systems; communications, navigation and identification equipment and systems.
* Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 5 years of electronics engineering experience OR Master's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 3 years of electronics experience
* A current DoD Interim Secret level security clearance
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret level security clearance
* A current DoD Secret or Top Secret/SCI level security clearance, to include a Single Scope Background Investigation, a periodic reinvestigation, or an original adjudication date completed within the last 6 years
* Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
* Experience in network and/or computer engineering
* Experience in estimating performance within the constructs of the hardware
* Knowledge in the areas of Ethernet based avionics bus interfaces, integrated avionics systems, and operational ground systems
* Understanding of IP address planning, VLANs, ACLs, encapsulation, switching, routing, QoS, service and application protocols
* Experience with authentication and data encryption methods, to include securing communications at either the data-link or network layer
* Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Associated topics: circuit, electric, electrical, image processing, msee, plc, signal processing, solar, stationary engineer, wire