Applications Design Engineer
Compensation: $95,560.00 - $145,550.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Applications Design Engineer will work within the Applications Engineering Group to support Sales, Engineering, and Manufacturing teams to aid in current and potential customer-specific projects and opportunities. The Applications Design Engineer specifically works on designing assemblies and 3D/2D products for projects that fall within the scope of the Applications Engineering Group. They work closely with several NewAge departments to manage and progress projects through a process using positive communication, collaboration and cooperation.
- Design custom assemblies and products, primarily for the AdvantaPure market
- Design 2D and 3D part models, injection molds, and assembly fixtures utilizing AutoCAD and Solidworks
- Utilizes a process to evaluate customer requirements and provide any technical application/design assistance, drawing assistance, testing requirements, documentation needs and design for manufacturability review
- Provides technical support to Sales team
- Works with Manufacturing to gain in depth knowledge of product manufacturing and utilize this knowledge to assist sales and marketing when appropriate
- Implement and encourage a culture of continuous improvement through establishing and improving processes and procedures
- Ability to listen and communicate with project stake holders to understand custom product needs and be open to suggestions to improve product or process
- Ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment.
- Ability to convert verbal or rough concept sketch into a modeled design concept
- Ability to interpret customer needs and develop a product concept
- Ability to balance several projects and project tasks and meeting set deadlines. Excellent multi-tasking, problem-solving, and communication skills are a must.
- Good understanding of mechanical aspects of manufacturing processes
- Solid problem-solving ability, especially with engineering/manufacturing-based problems
- Motivated self-starter with ability to work independently and on multiple initiatives at the same time.
- Ability to effectively communicate cross-functionally with all levels of management and customers and having exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer orientation and drive to effectively meet customer requirements
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level
- Excellent computer and phone skills
- Commitment to company core values
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Proficient with Solidworks 3D modeling (1 year minimum active experience)
- Proficient with Autodesk modeling software
- Familiar with drawing standards
- Familiar with PDM or equivalent management software
- High level of organization and structure of work-related tasks
- Microsoft Office, proficient with Excel
- Mechanical aptitude, ability to address and solve mechanical problems
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree (preferably Engineering or Technical degree) or 10+ years related experience
- At least one year of experience working on technical projects - Biopharmaceutical experience is preferred
- Direct contact and proven ability to build relationships with customers is preferred
- Experience with plastics and/or silicone extrusion/molding is a plus
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...