- Nesco Resource, LLC
- $96,150.00 -135,490.00/year*
415 Old Tappan Rd
Lehigh Technical is seeking a Quality Engineer in the Somerset NJ area.Position Summary:
This position is responsible for the documentation and follow-through of all external, internal or supplier non-conformities and for the creation, documentation, document retention and dissemination of all product or customer specific acceptance criteria. A related responsibility is the coordination of internal quality training projects, including general communication of root cause and corrective action to originating process and follow up on correction actions and acceptance criteria. In addition, this position is responsible to assess individual process acceptance criteria, modify or create the same when necessary and train operators in its use. Responsible for all quality communications with internal departments, outside vendors, card associations and customers at the direction of Management.Essential Responsibilities:
Other Important Responsibilities:
- Develop, document and maintain the document retention of all Product and/or Customer specific acceptance criteria.
- Define and/or understand acceptable limits for output quality at each production process.
- Document output quality limits for each production process and create guides for ease or understanding of these limits by the operators.
- Assess the application and effectiveness of process output quality by operators.
- Record, assign and follow-up on all internal, supplier and external non-conformity reports.
- Log and report on all non-conformances.
- Responsible for Quality System development and maintenance.
- Provide timely corrective action responses and resolutions to all quality situations.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Incoming control of material and sub-contractor goods, as needed.
- Develop, implement and maintain Quality System procedures, work instructions and forms, as required.
- Establish, document and maintain the calibration program for all test equipment and necessary production equipment.
- Participate in the management of material and sub-contractor specifications.
- Participate in weekly project update meetings regarding New Product Design projects as it relates to quality procedures.
- Handle related email correspondence and fill in on follow-up items when other office personnel are absent (as needed).
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Physical qualifications and work environment:
- Minimum 10 to 15 years of experience in an industry related field operating under ISO9001 standards.
- Bachelor's Degree in any Engineering, Science or Mathematics discipline, a plus.
- ASQ certifications in Quality Management, tools, etc., a plus.
- Educational focus on statistics, a plus.
- Ability to relate to employees and understand their needs;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
- Strong attention to detail and ability to self-check own work;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Task oriented excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize work load;
- Enthusiastic attitude, cooperative team player, adaptable to new or changing circumstances, professional demeanor, sensitive to client needs, self-motivated, creative and innovative;
- Excellent problem solving skills; and
- High level of computer literacy including working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Project, Visio and Outlook.
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs;
- Must be able to sustain office work for 8+ house per day including the following:
- Sitting in an office chair
- Reaching for the telephone
- Standing at office equipment
- Hearing for phone use
- Sight for computer use
- Must be able to sustain factory work as needed including the following:
- Standing at machinery
- Reaching and pulling to operate machinery
- Sight for machinery operation
- Walking through shop
- Office environment is of moderate noise level.
Associated topics: business, cost efficient, industrial engineer, manufacturing engineer, methods engineer, project, sap, supply, supply chain
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...