Employment Type: Full-Time
The individual working in this position will carry out professional engineering assignments related to developing, designing and programming of laser processing applications for customers. This position requires a high level of technical understanding of laser equipment and applications. It requires the practical application of good manufacturing and engineering practices. The ideal candidate possesses strong project management, analytical and communication skills along with an aptitude for hands-on problem solving.
- Work with customers in conjunction with Product Development Engineers to quote, develop and sustain new laser processed projects
- Provide guidance to customers as necessary
- Design robust, cost effective laser processes and oversee prototype fabrication
- Troubleshoot problems and define preventative and corrective actions
- Establish costs for new laser processed products and evaluate how changes affect costs
- Generate system documentation including creation of prints, procedures, work instructions, specifications and other documentation as necessary
- Effectively present findings or oral arguments to customers and management when necessary
- Maintain, repair and upgrade laser systems as necessary
- Support internal development projects and goals
- Adhere to company procedures / quality standards and ensure compliance to customer specifications and applicable external regulations (ex: FDA).
- Work with Sales, Operations, Quality, Customer Service, Logistics, and HR as required
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
- BS or MS in Engineering with 5 years relevant laser processing experience, capable of working in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Must be proficient with MS Office.
- Must possess solid mechanical and electrical troubleshooting abilities.
- Must demonstrate good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be extremely flexible regarding priority changes.
- Individual must be fluent in speaking, reading and writing English.
- Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret procedures and/or safety manuals.
Loading some great jobs for you...