Design Engineer - Nesco Resource, LLC (Yonkers)
Compensation: $90,650.00 - $130,870.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Nesco Resource is partnering with a rapidly growing international manufacturing company in its search for a direct hire Design Engineer. Our client offers a list of outstanding benefits and perks!
The Design Engineer will be a vital member of the business team who will provide creativity, innovation, strategic thinking, and leadership skills. The Design Engineer is responsible for complex new product design and documentation, and is also required to mentor the design engineer team. Applicants must have engineering manufacturing knowledge and experience.
- Design or supervise the design of complex custom products.
- Review the documentation of new standard products as required.
- Complete design work, detail drawings, manufacturing fixtures, process drawings, bills and routings for assigned new/custom product orders.
- Review other engineer's designs for manufacturability, and meeting customer requirements as requested by engineering manager.
- Perform final review of drawings and documentation of other engineer's projects as requested by engineering manager.
- Complete product release checklists.
- Create customer approval drawings or exception forms when needed.
- Complete assigned Quote Related Engineering Requests from sales.
- Support sales/purchasing personnel as needed by providing special purpose drawings, and through technical discussions with customers and vendors.
- Document design plans and hold design reviews with appropriate departments to ensure product performance and manufacturability.
- Document key design techniques, tolerances, and other information pertinent to hermetic sealing.
- Support manufacturing personnel as needed.
- Manage CAD software and the drawing files includes: software installation and updates.
- Set standards for the use of the CAD software.
- Customize the CAD software interface and for efficiency.
- Maintain revision control of engineering drawings
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
- BS in Ceramic and/or Mechanical engineering
- 6+ years minimum experience using CAD modeling software (Solidworks preferred) in a manufacturing organization
- Adaptability to changing demands
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational abilities
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks
- Ability to prioritize
- Focus on quality and ISO policies, particularly as they pertain to the design process (design plans, record keeping, reviews etc.)
Associated topics: analog, asic, board, chip, design, design engineer, engineer i, h/w engineer, pc, vlsi
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...