As an engineering lab technician you will utilize your existing technical knowledge and professional experience to contribute to the testing and assembly of pressure control equipment and Engineering R&D programs. Acting under the guidance of the E-Lab Manager your expertise in interpreting manufacturing documentation including drawings, bill of materials, production testing specifications and scheduling will be key to your success in this role.
* Must be able to operate all E-Lab test equipment and data acquisition component.
* Assemble and test equipment according to blueprints, engineering specifications and customer requirements in the most cost efficient and safest manner possible meeting production schedules.
* Check quality of parts to ensure accuracy of dimension and quantity.
* Must be able to use basic QA dimensional inspection tools i.e. dial calipers, I.D/O.D. mics, durometer hardness tester etc., and follow inspection documents.
* Capable of driving a forklift and operating an overhead crane.
* Must be able to work extra hours daily and on weekends as required.
* Must follow all safety and environmental policies and programs; must be able to use personal safety devices as required by company policy; report any activities that could be detrimental to safety and/or the loss of productivity; report any injuries when they occur.
* Must be able to work around the chemicals in the assigned department.
* Interface with Manufacturing, Engineering, Production and Q.A. personnel.
* Must have the flexibility to work day shift or night shift as needed, may be required to work a rotating schedule.
* All other duties as assigned
* Three to five years experience in assembly and testing of oil field equipment in a production environment.
* Able to read and understand manufacturing documentation.
* Knowledge of hydrostatic, hydraulic and nitrogen gas testing equipment.
* Able to understand engineering procedures and mechanical assembly drawings.
* Extensive knowledge of subsea and land-based coiled tubing pressure control equipment.
* Working knowledge of component fault finding.
* Knowledge of MS office programs (i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point).
* Sufficient knowledge to work with little or no supervision on pressure control equipment and Engineering R&D projects.
* Must be able to speak, read and write English.
Associated topics: assistant, laboratory, laboratory tech, lab tech, lab technologist, qa, quality assurance, quality control, research, research associate