Molex is seeking a dynamic and proactive Engineering Manager to be responsible for new product development of assigned product segment and overall engineering activities as part of the product portfolio and technology roadmap. The Engineering Manager will lead Engineering staff and have oversight of Global customer interaction scope. The role will provide direction and support to the engineering function by providing guidance and coaching for engineering projects, setting priorities, delegating workload, and adhering to policies and procedures consistent with divisional and regional standards.
* Direct activities of engineering staff to drive successful development of new products and modifications to existing products. Drive and execute new technologies aligned with the technology roadmap and market needs. Responsibilities included design verification, qualification and reliability test plan execution for all new products developed.
* Drive Product Development Process (PDP) execution on new products and quality performance according to established metrics, leveraging an improved approach to collaboration between multiple departments (Product Engineering, Signal Integrity, tooling groups, etc.), identifying critical customer requirements and milestones. Ensure the support of sales and marketing activities by providing designs, prototypes, and technical presentations in a timeframe which satisfies the customer.
* Review engineering project and product documentation and engineering analyses for consistency and accuracy. Review and screen product development requests for feasibility and completeness.
* Ensure that plant personnel, marketing and other appropriate personnel are notified on product changes, modifications, and extensions. Develop, implement, and report on other strategic areas such as Project Status and related issues, barriers and concerns regarding the release of major new products.
* Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
* 10+ years' experience working in the mechanical engineering discipline in the electronics industry (info-tech, high-speed datacenter equipment).
* 5+ years' experience managing technical staff and processes.
* Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
* 5+ years' experience working on multinational projects.
Skills and Abilities:
* Excellent planning, organizational, analytical and leadership skills.
* Strong computer skills - 3D modeling, spreadsheet, presentation, word processing, database software and statistical analysis software.
* Strong presentation skills to prepare and deliver effective presentations to customers and Molex personnel.
* Excellent customer relationship skills; must be sensitive to customers' needs and show a sense of urgency to address customer issues.
* (Preferred) General understanding of basic accounting and business investment justification for preparing quotes and applied cost analysis for customers.
* (Preferred) Knowledge of Design of Experiment and statistical methods and analysis proficiency.
OTHER: Willingness to travel frequently between Corporate Lisle and CSBU I/O Plant.
Associated topics: ansys, boiler, catia, chassis, design, fluid, mechanism, msme, propulsion, turbine