- Miller Resource Group
- $96,150.00 -135,490.00/year*
415 Old Tappan Rd
Director of Manufacturing/Plant Manager - Newark, NJ
This company prides itself on contributing to society through their technology by creating distinctive flavors and fragrances. This client has experienced tremendous growth during its 95+ years they have been in business and has a leading global presence. They have developed flavors and fragrances for some of the world's most successful manufactures in food, beverages, fine fragrances, home & personal care products. They are seeking a Director of Manufacturing/Plant Manager to oversee the flavor manufacturing plant. The right individual will have confidence, initiative, independence, and a sense of urgency. The ability to make decisions and take responsibility is a critical requirement as well.
* Overall responsibility for Plant Compliance. With local, state, federal laws and regulations. ISO, and other certifications. Company Rules, Policies and expectations
* Must develop, implement and manage the Safety program at the site, coordinated with Corporate EHS to include Employee Safety, Environmental, Equipment Safety and Food Safety
* Direct Manufacturing, focused on delivery performance
+ Basic compounding, Liquid and Dry Ingredients
+ Spray Dry, Reactions, Powder Blending, Oral Care, Liquid and Solid Extractions
+ Direct production and Inventory Control Activities for the Citrus Center
* Plant maintenance/engineering
* Maintain SOP's, cGMP's, Company Policy and all work rules
* Responsible for Department Budgets & must manage special projects as assigned
* Manage Inventory levels, coordinated with Supply Chain Functions
* Focus: Strategic, big-picture decision authority & responsibility. Will effectively weigh risk against the benefit; while not cautious, a calculated and independent decision maker, will occasionally utilize team consensus or collaboration
* Bachelor's Degree required; preferably in Science &/or engineering
* Minimum 5 years experience in a management role preferably in a manufacturing environment
* Experience with Six Sigma, process improvement and SAP implementation
* Experience working with flavors is preferred
* Strong leadership skills; developing a staff
* High energy/hungry personality
Fill out the contact form below to get started and we'll get in touch.
* Bachelor's Degree required; preferably in Science &/or engineering * Minimum 5 years experience in a management role preferably in a manufacturing environment * Experience with Six Sigma, process improvement and SAP implementation * Experience working with flavors is preferred * Strong leadership skills; developing a staff * High energy/hungry personality
Associated topics: garden, lawn, management, mow, plant management, production management, prune, scanner, transplant, watering
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...