- Michael Page
- $139,620.00 -157,070.00/year*
415 Old Tappan Rd
- Performing quantity take-offs, pricing, scoping and bidding of construction projects.
- Visiting the project site to develop a thorough understanding of the site conditions.
- Develop a clear understanding of the project specifications and bidding requirements
- Compose and manage both verbal and written clarification correspondence with the client
- Developing relationships with customers, subcontractors, and suppliers through direct communication
- Identifying constructability issues through the estimating process.
- Identifying value-engineering alternatives and other opportunities to gain a competitive advantage.
- Assessing site risks and develop plans to mitigate
- Assisting in material selection, bid strategy, and estimate presentation.
- Reviewing estimates with project managers, superintendents and other estimators to ensure project costs are accurately captured in the estimate
- Present estimate and participate in bid reviews with the Lead Estimator and/or senior management to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Assure compliance with MBE/DBE requirements of contract in bid process. Assure that all appropriate subcontractors have been solicited
- Bachelors degree in civil engineering, construction management or related field; or equivalent experience.
- Strong math skills with a thorough understanding of geometry
- Ability to read and interpret drawings.
- Understanding of geotechnical information
- Ability to communicate technical information in writing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Heavy Civil General Contractors in New York and New Jersey.
competitive salary, benefits
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...