Position primarily involves the safe and efficient manufacturing of API's according to cGMP requirements. This role is a weekend night shift role in Verona.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Kilo Lab and Pilot Plant manufacturing of APIs and intermediates
* Demonstrate proper lab safety practices, and work in accordance with FDA, OSHA, EPA, DNR, DOT, and other regulatory agency guidelines
* Must work well in a team environment, and be an effective member of a project team (PD through Production)
* Must be able to effectively operate production equipment
* Maintain the safety and cleanliness of production areas and all related equipment during each shift, specifically potent compound handling techniques
* Provide support to the Managers and other team members, under a multi-shift manufacturing environment
* Author and utilize a wide variety of written procedures, including batch records and OP's with assistance from a supervisor.
* Receive and perform detailed work instructions
* As a primary or secondary operator, must be able to maintain accurate and concise cGMP records
* Responsible for keeping inventory up to date during each shift, and purchasing raw materials for assigned projects
* Work on problems of limited scope in which analysis of a situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors
* Adhere to SAFC ethical and behavioral standards as outlined in the employee handbook
* Become a role model for other employees through superb work habits and excellent occupational behavior
* Candidate will be able to stand for long periods of time and be able to lift and carry weights of up to 50 pounds regularly.
Who You Are:
* BS in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or equivalent, but may substitute education for qualified field experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
Attention to detail, self-motivation, strong work ethic, computer skills, multitasking
ADDITIONAL LOCAL NEEDS
Environmental conditions: Must be willing to work with highly potent / hazardous materials requiring the utilization of proper personal protective equipment which could include half/full face respirators, Saranex and / or Tyvek suits with powered respiration.
Job Requisition ID:188530
Career Level:C - Professional (1-3 years)
Working time model:full-time
Associated topics: agriculture, air, air monitoring, ecology, ecological, environmental, environmental science, farm, water, wetlands