The Future Talent Program features internships that last up to 12 weeks and will include one or more projects. These opportunities can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals.
The position is for a three-month intern opportunity within the Supply Chain organization. Candidates will participate in process improvement projects, which will strengthen the candidates' skills in teamwork, collaboration, and leadership in the following areas:
* Demand planning and fulfillment
* Warehouse management
* Distribution and logistics
* Launch planning
* Data analytics
* Lean Six Sigma
* Global improvement initiatives
The successful candidate is:
* An individual motivated to cultivate their leadership skills along with their technical, business and commercial skills by applying their knowledge within manufacturing and supply chain areas of expertise
* Candidates should be committed to both their own career development as well as bringing their best to Merck.
* The successful candidate should be comfortable with influencing others.
* The candidate will need to be able to adapt to new roles, responsibilities, and situations.
* The successful candidate is comfortable working independently, working in teams, and leading teams.
* Candidates should be interested in participating in a broad range of work experiences across the supply chain organizations
* Currently enrolled in a BS or MS program in one of the following:
* Supply Chain/Logistics
* Bio Engineering/ Biomedical Engineering/Biotechnology
* Chemical Engineering
* Industrial Engineering
* Material Science and Engineering
* Mechanical Engineering
* Ideal candidate will possess superior communication and interpersonal skills, a problem solver, and a team player with the ability to work independently
* Ideal candidate should have leadership experience in field of study, extracurricular activity, previous internship or undergraduate research, military or prior work experience
* GPA 3.0 or higher
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is committed to be the most trusted supplier of bio-pharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create an interdependent global manufacturing network that's committed to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are ?
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as \"Merck\" in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as \"MSD\" in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world's biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for ?
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at ...@merck.com
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
OFCCP Pay Transparency Rule
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Intern/Co-op (Fixed Term)
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:
Associated topics: business, cost efficient, industrial engineer, manufacturing engineer, methods engineer, project, sap, supply, supply chain
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...