Vice President, Commercial & Military Sales
MD Helicopters in Phoenix, AZ
- Industry: Executive Management - Sales/Business Development
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $109,480.00 - 187,190.00 / Year*
The Vice President, Sales Commerical & Military is responsible for planning, implementation and management of short and long term marketing and sales strategies for military and commercial sales and services sold in both domestic and international markets. Accomplishes goals and objectives through subordinate managers and/or staff specialists who exercise considerable latitude and authority. This role reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directs and manages research and analysis of market conditions.
- Establishes, interprets, executes and modifies organizational policies and structures; establishes budgets, goals and performance standards and operating policies and procedures of organization.
- Assures organization meets goals within established constraints.
- Acts as advisor to subordinate managers or staff across functional areas to ensure established schedules are met or resolve technical or operational problems. Interfaces frequently with managers from other functional organizations regarding organizational projects, operational decisions or scheduling requirements.
- Controls costs through effective planning and allocation of personnel, equipment, materials and other resources.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Focus on succession planning, mentoring and coaching.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- The primary or most necessary skills required for this job are leadership skills. Other important skill areas include administrative, communication, long-term planning, short-term planning and strategic planning skills.
- Performing work in this job s occupational field requires the application of complex, technical professional disciplines, applied use of related concepts and product knowledge, practices and methods.
- In relation to other jobs in the same function, this job requires a senior expert level of proficiency to apply state-of-the-art knowledge in a technical or professional area to handle the most complex tasks or manage several levels of practitioners.
- Strong interpersonal skills - creative thinker with exemplary written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate orally or in written form with both co-management and internal/external customers and regulatory representatives is required.
- Excellent written, verbal, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and solve practical problems or resolve issues is required.
- Ability to multi task and prioritize workload within department.
- Advanced Excel and Access database system and PowerPoint experience required.
- The ability to understand and follow instructions and the ability to concentrate are required.
- The ability to get along with others or to be part of a team is required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in business, marketing, aviation operations or similar discipline is preferred, MBA preferred and 15 years work-related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Military sales experience required.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
This document does not create an employment contracts, implied or otherwise, other than an at will relationship.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work performed in an office and factory settings.
- Exposure to shop environment such as noise, dust, odors and fumes.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about facilities.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
MD Helicopters, Inc. is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals.
Associated topics: administrative, director of sales, management, manager, manager of sales, sales director, sales executive, sales manager, team leader, territory manager
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!