Lead Electrical Engineer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Electrical Engineering position tasked with understanding and leading the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into executable solutions. This may include requirements and concept of operations development, electrical design, system integration, verification and validation, and system transition.
We are seeking candidates with specific system and/or production test experience related to Low and Medium Voltage Power Distribution Systems. As a Lead Electrical Engineer for RMS programs you will be responsible for developing, conducting and leading electrical designs, electrical load analyses, and performing electrical harness design and installation. Applicant shall be capable of producing electrical wiring schematic drawings and designing electrical power systems. Will work with other subsystems engineers to establish electrical loads and wiring/cabling requirements for various subsystem components. Responsible for writing and conducting system Installation checkouts. Will work with manufacturing and production during build up to aid in troubleshooting systems.
Applicant should be able to interface effectively with multiple project and functional groups including: production, planning, engineering, quality, safety, contracts/subcontracts, and other logistics and support personnel to achieve completion of operation activities. The ability to design, develop, and implement testing and rework procedures to expedite the delivery of repairs is vital to the success of the production and development systems. Should be capable of planning and arranging manpower, schedules, and equipment required for all projects.
The applicant shall possess the following:
• Demonstrated experience and ability to Lead and be Hands-on for the design, installation, troubleshooting, commission, and control of electrical and emergency power generation systems.
• Experience designing and working with low and medium voltage systems to include substations, transformers, switchgears, control centers, distribution panels, and backup power systems.
• Experience with design of both AC and DC Systems
• Experience and knowledge of large generators (up to 1.2 megawatt), power distribution systems, and power back-up systems.
• Capable of managing/participating in multiple project and teaming environments of repair personnel consisting of military, DoD civilians, and/or contracted personnel.
• Working knowledge and ability to interpret the National Electrical Code (NEC).
• Knowledge of industrial electrical systems from the point of generation to the point of use.
• Knowledge of safety procedures for the installation, repair, and maintenance of electrical systems.
• Skill in reading and evaluating electrical blueprints, single line drawings, panel layout sheets, and other electrical schematics.
• Ability to work closely with unionized electricians.
Additional skills and attributes desired:
• PLC based systems, Power Quality Monitoring Systems, Instrumentation and Control Systems.
• Knowledge of 50/60/400 hertz and multi-phase Delta and Wye electrical systems.
• Ability to perform direct architecture trade studies that balance performance, cost and schedule requirements
• Ability to perform analyses of interfaces and requirements to validate completeness and specificity of a validation and verification plan to fully qualify the signal chain hardware for an operational environment.
• Work with subcontractors and other departments within LM to communicate requirements, meet the needs of the programs, develop risk mitigation plans, and provide technical inputs to senior leadership
• Generating system and circuit schematics
• Supporting failure investigation processes and Material review boar Basic Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred) from an accredited college and minimum of 12 years professional experience, six of which are at or above a level equivalent to SMES.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with a power engineering design background
- Demonstrated Leadership roles (technical or managerial) for multiple projects
- Experience with Systems Engineering Modelling and Analysis
• Knowledge of RF circuits
• Able to read and follow wire diagrams and schematics.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (e.g., PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Project)
- Proficiency with AutoCAD
- Candidate must be able to obtain a DoD Interim Secret Clearance prior to starting this position. Obtaining a clearance requires US Citizenship. Desired Skills:
• Active Secret clearance
Desired proficiency or equivalent experience in one or more of the Systems Engineering lifecycle functions:
• System modeling and Trade studies
• System CONOPS development, Requirements and Inter-Connect Drawings (ICDs)
• System Integration, Test and Verification
• Experience with Naval vessel electrical, power, thermal, or mechanical subsystem verification and validation, or Naval vessel system operations
• System Lifecycle Readiness (PDR/CDR)
• Experience generating System Checkout Procedures and providing support during system verification tasks.
• Experience incorporating subsystem hardware into a System Integration Lab (SIL) and troubleshooting Integration issues
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...