Compensation: $86,650.00 - $125,760.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Lasko Products, one of the nation s leading producers of home comfort products, has an immediate opening for a Mechanical Engineer. This position will work with the team of Engineers, Technicians, and component suppliers, to design, build, and manufacture portable home comfort products and will report to the Mechanical Engineer Supervisor. This position is to provide structural knowledge to assist Lasko to successfully implement and operate projects that require fan blades, heating elements and the enclosures the parts are contained within. The design for manufacturing will include 3D associative solid models, detail drawings, weldment drawings, and assemblies. The Mechanical Engineer will accurately develop associative solid models of completely assembled products and detail parts including bill of materials (BOM) utilizing SolidWorks software within EPDM software. The Mechanical Engineer will create and maintain all CAD drawings. The Mechanical Engineer will work proactively with Industrial Designers, Project Engineers and Manufacturing to ensure timely scheduling, productions, cost savings, and continuous improvement processes. This position is responsible for independently evaluating, selecting, and applying standard mechanical design techniques, procedures and criteria in solving technical problems pertaining to product design and/or development, manufacturability, product quality and test or systems compatibility. He/she works on their own initiative under general supervision.
- Accurately develop associative solid models of all products utilizing SolidWorks software within EPDM software and archive documentation pertaining to the projects
- Create new and/or revises existing designs, drawings, and bills of material (BOM) for our products
- Responds to and resolves discrepancy reports from the Product Engineering teams
- Processes Engineering Change Requests detailing the necessary changes to released designs, updates drawings/models/BOMs as needed, and routes change requests through the approval process
- Researches and interfaces with vendors on products that meet job design requirements and obtains quotes on specialized components
- Interface with Employees and Manager within the Engineering department, Program Management, manufacturing
- Provide work leadership to lower level engineers
- Participate in innovating new ideas for cost reduction and development that meets customer requirements and allows Lasko to quickly proceed into delivery of units.
- As appropriate, participate in technical design reviews and investigations.
- Collaborate with the Engineering Supervisor on design process development initiatives, design, department workflows and structure, etc.
- Execute designs within product specification guidelines for form, fit, function, quality, produce-ability, cost and schedule.
Competencies, Abilities and Educational Requirements
- Bachelor s degree in mechanical engineering
- Knowledge of design documentation standards
- Aware of simple mechanical stress; structural, thermal and tolerance analysis
- Minimum 7 years Mechanical Engineering experience w/ 5 years experience design injection molded parts
- Able to accept and integrate constructive feedback
- Demonstrates the ability to weigh risks and make progress in the face of uncertainty
- Working knowledge of manufacturing processes, disciplines and Design For Manufacturing
- and Assembly (DFMA) methods.
- Proven problem-solving ability.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication and analytical skills.
- Must possess strong communication, writing, and documentation skills as well as the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Requires ability to be self-motivated and work independently as well as in teams.
- Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement.
- Ability to run FEA and tolerance stack-up analysis
We offer a competitive starting wage plus a comprehensive benefit package including:
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Dental & vision plans
- Company paid life insurance
- Telemedicine program
- Voluntary additional life
- Tuition reimbursement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Associated topics: ansys, assembly, autocad, bsme, design, motor, powertrain, proe, rotordynamic, turbomachinery
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...