Director of Project of Engineering
Compensation: $87,660.00 - $125,160.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
The Director of Project Engineering will report directly to the Vice President of Product Development. The Director of Project Engineering will manage a team of 3 Mechanical Engineers, 6 Project Engineers and 4 Engineering Tech s.
This is a key position within the Product Development team that represents a critical integration point between the Engineering team, global operations and the Strategic Business Units. The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to convert marketing and consumer requirements into technical performance requirements and mentor the engineering team. The Director of Project Engineering will provide front-end engineering leadership and vision on engineering technology and best practices to assure accurate scale up of new technology into executable engineering plans and designs. The successful candidate will work with strong operations teams, quality teams, and business teams to manage an effective product development process from ideation through end of product life.
This individual will be responsible for partnering with the Product Management team to develop and drive technical innovation that aligns with consumer needs. They will be responsible for creating and implementing the strategic direction of the engineering team. This individual should be a highly motivated, quick learner who enjoys a hands-on, high-speed work environment.
Travel is estimated at about 10% of the time and the successful candidate must be available to travel international for up to 2 week periods.
Other Key Responsibilities Will Include:
- Create and sustain a culture of creativity and work ethic focused on achieving goals on time and within budget
- Assure that Engineering resources are aligned with the overall strategy for the business unit
- Have experience managing a gated product development process
- Have a deep understanding of engineering principal
- Direct the development of engineering standards and oversee implementation as they pertain to planning, development, and manufacturing
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement and quick to market thinking
- Interface with Operations as needed for design, commissioning and start-up
- Coach and develop employees, including direct and matrix reports
- Communicate strategic objectives, resource allocation and execute development plans both domestically and globally
- Have the ability to assess data objectively and to make scientifically sound decisions in an efficient manner and to effectively present data in a format which supports the conclusion
- Create and oversee the budget for Engineering.
- Monitor and determine various staffing and training needs.
- The successful candidate will have 10 plus years of broad technical experience in product development with a proven track record of taking product from ideation through product launch. A minimum of 5 years leading technical product development teams will be required. Additional
- Bachelor s degree in an Engineering discipline
- Project management experience with large, complex projects
- Strong computer skills, i.e. Excel/Word/PowerPoint/Visio, Statistical Software such as Minitab or Statistics, etc.
- Ability to assess data objectively and to make scientifically sound decisions in an efficient manner and to effectively present data in a format which supports the conclusion
- Be Six Sigma trained - a Black Belt is considered a definite plus, a broad proven skill set of lean product development tools
We offer a competitive starting wage plus a comprehensive benefit package including:
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Dental & vision plans
- Company paid life insurance
- Telemedicine program
- Voluntary additional life
- Tuition reimbursement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Associated topics: design, engineering, manufacture, product, product manager, production, program manager, quality
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...