Tooling Engineer Sr.
Compensation: $92,670.00 - $134,010.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Responsible for all new programs and engineering change manufacturing requirements including quotation feasibility, processing, procurement, installation and tryout by performing the following duties.
The following job/task functions have been identified as the core functions of this position. However, the supervisor or manager may assign additional duties associated with this position.
- Prepare quotations including strip layout concepts, blank sizes, processing, and die costs.
- Analyze vendor quotes for accuracy.
- Complete customer required documents.
- Follow tooling progress at supplier's facility, utilizing Microsoft Project reporting.
- Initiate cross functional strip layout and tooling design reviews at the plant level.
- Support new model launches and improvement teams.
- Support on-site customer visitation requests.
- Ensure die design conforms to L&W tooling standard and press standard sheets
- Tool tryouts at supplier and home line capability runs.
- Participates in cross functional and program management team activities.
- Ensure utilization of continuous improvement of current processes.
- Works with Quality and Welding Engineers on FMEA's and control plans.
- Initiate purchase order requests for new jobs and engineering changes on tooling and dies.
- Ensures that list of perishables are provided to maintenance tool room and purchasing.
- Identify and implement cost savings.
- Participate in solving chronic process and quality issues
- Keeps updated on latest technology.
- Can read, understand and apply GD&T
- Responsible for designing a robust process
- Coordinate shipping activities involving new dies and sample parts
- Works on plant floor as needed.
- Works with customers on design problems and proposes solutions.
- Help in departmental operation wherever necessary
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality in all duties.
- Keeps work areas clean and orderly.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities.
- Performs all duties and operates machinery & equipment according to MIOSHA standards and company procedures using required safety equipment (gloves, sleeves, ear plugs, etc.)
- Able and willing to work any shift assigned, weekends and overtime
- Regular and predictable attendance required
- Assumes other duties as directed by supervisor
Customer Specific Requirements
- Responsible for reading and understanding the IATF16949, ISO9001:2015 and ISO-14001procedures located at K:/winapps/data/TS Team/Quality System Documentation
The requirements listed below are representative of the required customer knowledge, skill, and/or ability.
This job does not have customer specific requirements.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or five years plus related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to adhere to all company policies and procedures in a professional and consistent manner. Able to apply common sense understanding and use appropriate judgment in routine business situations with supervisor, co-workers and customers. Maintain a higher standard of professional conduct and ethics in more complex business situations such as negotiations with customers or presentations to management.
Ability to work with the following software packages or programs:
- Microsoft Office at an advanced level
- Effective email and electronic communication skills are required
Ability to work with the following data base programs and/or hardware:
- QMS database at an intermediate level
- QAD database at a basic level
Ability to work with the following tools or machinery
Job Requirements:* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
- Standard office equipment
Loading some great jobs for you...