Project Manager Kelly Services is currently seeking Project Manager - Supply Chain for one of our top clients in Lincolnshire, IL.JOB TITLE: Project Manager - Supply ChainWORK LOCATION: Lincolnshire, ILDURATION: 8 Months (Temporary / Contract) JOB DESCRIPTION:
Manage a Product Move project to achieve cost reduction by working with a number of business areas including Engineering, Product Management, Manufacturing, Sourcing, Warehousing and Quality to migrate a product from existing suppliers to a new manufacturer. Project efforts include setting up Postponement operations in existing DCs to perform final assembly, working with existing and new supplier(s) to migrate plastic injection molding, die-cast metals, SMT and PCBAs and other electronic assemblies. Management of the entire process, including cleanup and transfer of engineering drawings, Bills of Materials, tooling, assembly instructions, fixtures for assembly and test, as well as skills, and other specifications to the new manufacturing location, performing part and line validation and production qualification, achieve regulatory certification, burning off old inventory while establishing new inventory, and migration of all procurement activities to the new supplier(s).
1. Own and Manage the project to reduce costs by building and working with a cross-functional team consisting of Engineering, Product Management, Manufacturing, Sourcing, Warehousing and Quality functions to move an existing product from current manufacturers to a new manufacturer.
2. Drive assembly manufacturing setup at new supplier(s) utilizing transferred tools from the old supplier(s) and utilizing existing or new supply chain for commodity and proprietary parts, including Injection-molded Plastics, die-cast and stamped Metals, circuit boards and PCBAs, cabling, electronics and assembly hardware commodities.
3. Manage Component and Assembly Suppliers from both business and technical perspectives to establish part manufacturing and drive the process through Component Validation and Supply Chain introduction.
4. Ensure the highest quality in all aspects of the migration, ensuring proper controls are in place and all resulting assemblies and products are fully validated and meet specifications.
5. Manage cross-functional, diverse teams in a matrixed environment with participants in numerous locations, across multiple time zones and countries, including overseas and third-party teams, individuals and suppliers.
6. Manage light IT involvement in above projects, coordinating operational efforts with systems technologies.
7. Develop comprehensive Project Plans including the key deliverables, resources and timelines required to achieve success.
8. Identify, secure and manage resources and budgets to effectively execute the project.
9. Perform Risk Management to identify and resolve Risks and Issues during Planning and as they arise throughout the project.
10. Capture and communicate project status to teams and management, including Senior Leadership, on a weekly basis.
• 15 years of experience with Product Development / New Product Introduction projects
• 15 years of experience in Project Management in a matrixed, complex environment
• Ability to run projects in excess of $2M in budget and team size of 25+ participants and stakeholders
• Skilled in Microsoft Project, and other project management tools, developing and maintaining project schedules, action and issues lists and resource management plans
• 10 years of experience with Supply Chain, Line Assembly design and implementation in a medium- to large-sized company
• 10 years of experience with part manufacturing, including Plastic Injection Molding, die-cast Metals, formed sheet metals, SMT lines and PCBAs and other electronics
• Experience in outsourcing to and managing third-party Suppliers
• Advanced skills in delegation and follow up – proficient in ability to work with and manage senior personnel, directors and VPs to complete the project
• Skilled in PC based tools including MS Office and Visio
• Demonstrates strong knowledge of PMI PMBOK and Project/Program Management techniques and approaches Experience with a broad array of project management tools and technologies
• Bachelor Degree in Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering a plus
• Strong Teambuilding and Interpersonal skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Advanced communication and facilitation skills, including conflict management. Formal training preferred
• Strong presentation skills. Demonstrated comfort in presenting to executive level cross functional audiences Why Kelly? Kelly® puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly® as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short term project engagements or prefer contract-to-hire or direct hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly® to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests. As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
Let us help advance your career today.
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...