Program Director, PMO
Compensation: $222,950.00 - $222,950.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
JUUL's mission is to transition the world's billion adult smokers away from combustible cigarettes, eliminate their use, and combat underage usage of our products. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world's largest and oldest industries.
We're an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we're growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We're actively looking to hire the world's best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Senior Program Manager at JUUL reports to the Head of Tech PMO and works to drive results within our Technology organization. They will take direct ownership for a number of high priority product initiatives.
A JUUL Technical Program Director will also lead product development efforts with enthusiasm, collaboration and attention to detail. The daily goal is to drive excellence in communication through clear requirements and timelines with regular progress updates.
- Responsible for executing on the some of the most complex and cross-functional programs at Juul Labs
- Proactively resolving issues and drive course corrections as needed - be directly involved in helping teams foresee and overcome barriers or blockers
- Organizing and/or create appropriate program documentation and communications
- Develop and institute strict process control of revisions and updates within the product organization
- Guiding teams through refining requirements and setting program scope
- Own program milestones, cross-team integration points, & execution plans
- Capturing and tracking inter-team dependencies & hand-offs; monitor & help resolve issues
- Communicating progress effectively across the cross functional stakeholders including Engineering, Operations, Quality, Regulatory, Clinical and Business leaders
- Coordinate efforts cross functional program team members to ensure product delivery excellence
- Improve internal processes with an eye toward streamlining and eliminating roadblocks
- Prepared for quick-turn changes based on market needs
- Eliminate confusion with detailed record-keeping
- Work with Product, Engineering, Regulatory, Legal, Brand, Marketing, Quality and Compliance to ensure packaging meets all guidelines
- Understand and plan for resource allocation to achieve business goals
- Develop budgets for upcoming activities based on historical performance
- Conducting periodic retrospectives
- Hope for the best, plan for the worst
- 8+ years of industry experience in a fast-paced consumer goods company, including direct management and delivery of large, technically complex product development programs
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, EE, Mechanical, or another engineering field
- Ability to influence and motivate others
- Background leading large internal and external teams and managing those relationships effectively to drive cohesive execution across the team
- Ability to devise creative solutions and drive consensus for complex problems with diverse, sometimes conflicting, concerns
- Comfortable in rapid development cycles with challenging goals
- Ability to adapt quickly to new information and assess impact to programs
- Experience with design controls and/or working in a regulated environment
- Launching international products a plus
- Involvement with high-volume consumer goods a plus
- Top-notch communications and presentation skills, from the team to executive level
- Proven ability to calmly and confidently bring clarity, order and organization to complex undertakings; ability to understand complex technical systems
- Motivated self-starter with ability to adapt quickly and operate under ambiguity
KEY ATTRIBUTES NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS:
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills with an eye for 'what-ifs'.
- Strength in problem solving and issue resolution
- Attention to detail in rapid development cycles with challenging goals
- Ability to influence and motivate a diverse set of people and expectations
- Capable of distilling opinions into facts to produce better results
- Get it done attitude and willing to roll up their sleeves to do what needs doing
- Experience with data analytics and metrics-informed decision-making
- Experience with sensors, hardware, software and/or consumer electronic goods
- Deep & broad S/W and H/W development methodology knowledge, experience selecting and applying the best methodologies & tools to large-scale development environments (JIRA, Github, etc)
- Proven ability to influence members across the team to maximize performance, and to provide clear data & options to decision-makers
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We'll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Daily catered lunch, boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world's greatest cities
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Francisco
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.
For Example: LinkedIn, Website, Ad, Referral (Include Full Name)
Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H-1B status)? *
Are you legally authorized to work in the location you are applying to? *
Do you have a family member who is an officer or employee of a government or public international organization? For purposes of this question, 'family member' is defined as a parent/stepparent, grandparent, uncle/aunt, sibling/stepsibling or child/stepchild. *
If you answered yes to the question above, what is your relationship to the family member who is an officer or employee of a government or public international organization? (If you answered no to the question above, please select not applicable.) *
What is the name of the government agency and their role? (Please enter 'not applicable' if you don't have a family member who is an officer or employee of a government or public international organization.) *
Please verify that you are 21+ years old. *
Please select U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information (Completion is voluntary)
Individuals seeking employment at JUUL Labs are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary
. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
Gender Please select Are you Hispanic/Latino? Please select Race & Ethnicity Definitions
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A 'disabled veteran' is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A 'recently separated veteran' means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An 'active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran' means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An 'Armed forces service medal veteran' means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.
Veteran Status Please select
OMB Control Number 1250-0005
Expires 1/31/2020Voluntary Self-Identification of DisabilityWhy are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities 1 . To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier. How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Disability Status Please select Reasonable Accommodation Notice
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1 Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor's Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp .
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
Associated topics: design, engineering, manufacture, product, product manager, production, program manager, quality
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...