Scientist, Data Science
Compensation: $99,680.00 - $157,700.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Loading some great jobs for you...
Janssen Research & Development LLC, a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for a Scientist, Data Science located in La Jolla, CA or Spring House, PA with up to 15% domestic travel. The R&D Data Science team within Janssen is looking for an outstanding scientist who is interested in designing, developing, and fielding impactful data science solutions. Our team supports projects from discovery through late development. The scientist will help identify viable data science opportunities and then conceive, develop and implement end to end data analytical solutions. The scientist will be someone who stays on the cutting edge of the data science field in order to implement novel algorithms that influence decisions at various levels in the organization. The role requires both a broad knowledge of existing machine learning algorithms and creativity to invent and customize when necessary. The scientist will be part of a multifaceted, accomplished team that supports multiple R&D therapeutic areas in the discovery and development of innovative medicines. Key Responsibilities: Work with colleagues in research and development to design, build and deploy state-of-the art scientific algorithms to support Janssen R&D initiatives.Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.Develop and apply creative solutions that go beyond current tools to deliver data-driven insights to high-priority scientific problems.Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery.Advocate transparency & action through data storytelling! Establish and execute strategies to increase usage and adoption of Data Science from project conceptualization to completion.
* Ph.D degree (OR Master's degree with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience) in Computer Science, Statistics, Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence, Physics, Mathematics, Computational Chemistry, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology or a related discipline is required.
Experience and Skills:
* Familiarity with large datasets, understanding of data analysis workflows, and/or knowledge of querying languages such as SQL is required.
* Proficient with common data science toolkits, such as R, Pandas, TensorFlow, NumPy.
* Strong working knowledge of statistics, machine learning algorithms such as Random Forest, SVM, neural networks, etc. and/or Natural Language Processing techniques is required.
* Experience with visualization software/tools such as Python, R, D3.js, Spotfire, Tableau, etc.
* Experience with big data tools: Spark, Hadoop, Redshift, EMR.
* Ability to effectively communicate technical work to a wide audience.
* Handling of healthcare relevant datasets, such as EHR, genomics, clinical trials, insurance claims or registry data.
* Experience designing, developing and deployed web applications, microservices.
* Familiarity with drug discovery and clinical development processes.
* Experience building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-San Diego-
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
Associated topics: bacteria, cytometry, dietary, dietetic, disease, histology, immunology, medicine, pharmacometrics, physiology
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...