Compensation: $90,650.00 - $143,770.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Hardware/Firmware EngineerToledo, OHJob Summary of the Hardware/Firmware Engineer:
Hardware/Firmware Engineer with 2+ years of embedded systems designing experience using C or C++ is needed to play a key role in design, development, testing and launch of embedded systems for one of our best clients in the Ohio. As a Firmware Development Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and implementing software and hardware to develop revolutionary and novel products. This is a stable, rapidly growing company and a well known brand in the industry. If you have a good background in embedded software and hardware design, debugging and PCB layout experience, then this opportunity is well suited to you.
While the position is a blend of embedded software and firmware development, more of the work will be on the software/firmware side. They have a history of loyalty to their people, even through the worst recessions. The current crisis hasn't hurt their steady growth, and they're continuing to invest in new technologies. The company has a group that focuses on helping employees in their career growth, and this position has the potential to develop into management.
While this position doesn't offer relocation assistance, it does offer the ability to work remotely
2-3 days per week. Responsibilities of the Hardware/Firmware Engineer:
Qualifications of the Hardware/Firmware Engineer:
- Execute the design, development, testing and launch of embedded systems.
- Design and implement software and hardware to develop revolutionary and novel products.
- Analyze acceptance criteria and provide estimates of effort.
- Manage projects to insure they are completed logically and efficiently.
- Design test equipment and fixtures to enable consistent manufacturing and programming.
- Contribute to goal and objective development for the engineering department; recommend, implement, and assist with administering methods and procedures to enhance operations.
- Accept all projects assigned from the Director of Engineering and see them through to completion.
Compensation of the Hardware/Firmware Engineer:
- Bachelors degree in related stream. Masters preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in embedded systems design and debugging
- 2+ years of experience with C or C++
- Knowledge of schematic capture and PCB layout. Altium preferred
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and basic electrical hardware circuits
- Familiarity with IoT, robotics, control systems, signal processing and power electronics
- A background in scripting (Python) for test systems, cloud piping, and/or database management is a plus.
Salary Range: $80,000-$90,000/year, depending on experience
Location: Toledo, OH
Travel: As and when required.
Relocation Assistance: No.
Visa Sponsorship: No.Knowledge of the following areas may be helpful:-
Embedded, Systems, design, development, testing, launch, implement, software, hardware, manufacturing, programming, 'test equipment',fixture, C, C++, debugging, schematic capture, PCB layout, Altium, AutoCAD, IoT, robotics, control systems, signal processing, power electronics, circuit, version control, SVN, GIT Job Requirements:* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...