The Associate Engineer Structures Engineer is responsible for engineering activity related to aircraft structures, related components, interior and furnishings on the Airbus and Embraer aircraft. The Engineer will support Line and Heavy maintenance and modification of Airbus and Embraer aircraft.
* Reviews aircraft problems and resolves using various engineering modification and/or repair documents * Reviews various manufacturing manuals, services bulletins and associated data in order to determine appropriate action * Provides engineering assistance to Line Maintenance and business partners to facilitate aircraft operations, repairs and/or maintenance * Performs stress analysis, damage assessments, repairs, and modification designs * Develops and issues detailed work instructions and engineering drawings to accomplish minor and major aircraft structure repairs * Develops and issues engineering authorization to accomplish modifications and alterations to aircraft structures, components and accessories * Evaluates damaged aircraft structure, parts and provide solutions beyond the applicable manual limitation in accordance with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and the original equipment manufacturer requirements * Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and the original equipment manufacturer requirements * Develops engineering procedures, standards and process specification to comply with manufacturer/vendors Service Bulletins, Airworthiness Directives and other FAA requirements * Coordinates engineering functions with regulatory agencies as required for approval for major repairs and alterations including the completion and forwarding of documents to support such approvals * Provides technical assistance and troubleshooting support to various departments in support of the day-to-day operation * All other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
* Bachelor Degree in Engineering * Working knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR) governing aircraft certification and maintenance * The ability to work with and understand maintenance manuals, maintenance programs, and reliability programs * Proficient in Microsoft Office suite * Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as strong analytical abilities * Reliability analysis skills to identify root cause of systems problems * Able to communicate technical issues in an assertive and tactful manner * Ability to manage and coordinate several tasks and projects simultaneously * Project management skills * Currently in possession of a valid passport or equivalent travel in and out of the United States * Able to travel and/or work variable hours, flexible shifts, including holidays and weekends * Must be able to acquire and maintain a valid Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) Badge * Depending upon location, may need to possess and maintain a valid Driver License and a driving record that meets JetBlue Airways' insurance standards * Depending on location, may need to acquire and maintain a United States Customs Clearance * Pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test * Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
* Bachelor Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering * One (1) year of experience in airline technical operation * One (1) year experience in Line and Heavy maintenance on site support * Proficient in developing modifications and repairs to primary and secondary aircraft structures * Previous experience in planning, implementing and administering engineering programs and projects * Valid Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airframe and Powerplant Certificate * Knowledge of AutoCAD
* Regular attendance and punctuality * Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short-notice * Well groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance * When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft * Must be an appropriate organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion and Fun * Promote JetBlue's #1 value of safety as a Safety Ambassador, supporting JetBlue's Safety Management System (SMS) components, Safety Policy and behavioral standards * Identify safety concerns, issues, incidents or hazards that should be reported and report them whenever possible and by any means necessary including JetBlue's confidential reporting systems (Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP) or Safety Action Report(SAR)) * Adhering to all applicable laws, regulations (FAA, OSHA, DOT, etc.) and Company policies, procedures and risk controls * Upholding JetBlue's safety performance metric goals and understanding how they relate to their duties and responsibilities
* Computer and other office equipment * Ear plugs and safety goggles for on-site support
* Irregular work shifts, on-call, and multiple work locations
* Light physical effort required by handling objects up to 20 pounds occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently. (Light)
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the crewmember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Expectations may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
JetBlue Airways Corp. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law GINA Supplement Back to top Associated topics: aeroelasticity, air craft, aircraft, astronautical, aviation, pilot, satellite, supersonic, waterjet, water jet
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.