RELIABILITY ENGINEERING CO-OP - WINTER 2020
Fort Edward, NY
At Irving Tissue, we recognize that the key to our success is our people. We are a family-owned and operated company that has grown to become one of North America's leading manufacturers of household paper products. Irving Tissue produces both branded and private label bathroom tissue, facial tissue, paper towels, and napkins. Consumers know us by our Scotties? Facial Brand. Our manufacturing facilities are located in Dieppe, New Brunswick, Toronto, Ontario, Fort Edward, New York, and Macon, Georgia.
This Reliability Engineering Co-op Student position is an 6 month term. In this role you will gain world-class engineering experience with excellent pay!
You Can Expect:
* Integral roles on projects that really matter
* Real responsibility, from day one
* Opportunity to work in different aspects of the company
* Mentorship from industry-leading experts
* A chance to leave your mark on a growing company
* The ability to have your voice and ideas be heard
* Education Required: Currently enrolled in a 4 year Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering degree program and have completed at least 2 years
* Must be fluent in MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point)
* Experience with CAD (AutoCad LT), Visio, Database, Sharepoint and generally able to manage a multitude of point focus apps would be beneficial, but not required
* Must have a high level of professionalism and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
* Must have excellent interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) skills
* Able to work in a highly organized manner where detail, accuracy, confidentiality, balancing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines are critical
* Vibration monitoring management
* Ultrasound monitoring management
* Infra-Red monitoring management
* Root Cause Failure Analysis
* Taking on small projects to improve equipment reliability
* Troubleshooting and problem solving chronic machine issues with maintenance and operations personnel
* Preventive Maintenance Systems
* Asset Management
* Working with vendors supplying high level services in all these areas
* Interacting with Operators who operate and maintain our assets
* Working closely with maintenance personnel to identify components and their correct function
* Researching components using vendors and internet to find solutions to problems
* Aligning groups of people to develop processes, procedures and policy
* Photographic recording
* The candidate will have the opportunity to work roughly 50 hours per week
* They will report to the: Reliability Manager and or Mechanical Maintenance Manager
* They will be exposed to several first Quartile Assets in the Tissue Manufacturing business
* A learning environment specifically with tenured engineering, maintenance and reliability professionals
* All of these people are great teachers who are growing still because they believe and work in a learning environment
* On the average they each have 25+ years of industry related experience
Compensation & Benefits:
We offer very competitive wages, TREMENDOUS OPPORTUNITY FOR GROWTH AND ADVANCEMENT, paid holidays, and for those who go on to become full-time regular status employees, we offer excellent benefits, including 401k with company match, health, dental, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, tuition reimbursement, wellness reimbursement, and more!
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online by October 31, 2019
We appreciate your interest in our company! Applications will be evaluated upon submission and only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. This position will only continue to be advertised until an offer of employment has been made and accepted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here
Please be advised that some positions have been designated as 'Safety Sensitive' where the employee holding the position has a heightened responsibility for his/her own safety or the safety of others due to the nature of the job. If this is the case, you will be informed in the interview process
Irving Tissue, a division of Irving Consumer Products, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Associated topics: aerodynamic, brakes, cae, machine, mechanical, mechanical engineer, proe, propulsion, vehicle, vibration
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...