ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING CO-OP - Winter & Summer 2020 (8 Months)
Fort Edward, NY
At Irving Tissue, we recognize that the key to our success is our people. We are a family-owned and operated company that has grown to become one of North America's leading manufacturers of household paper products. Irving Tissue produces both branded and private label bathroom tissue, facial tissue, paper towels, and napkins. Consumers know us by our Scotties? Facial Brand. Our manufacturing facilities are located in Dieppe, New Brunswick, Toronto, Ontario, Fort Edward, New York, and Macon, Georgia.
This Electrical Engineering Co-op Student position is an 8 month term beginning this January and finishing at the end of summer 2019. In this role you will gain world-class engineering experience with excellent pay!
You Can Expect:
* Integral roles on projects that really matter
* Real responsibility, from day one
* Opportunity to work in different aspects of the company
* Mentorship from industry-leading experts
* A chance to leave your mark on a growing company
* The ability to have your voice and ideas be heard
* Education Required: Currently enrolled in a 4 year Electrical Engineering degree program
* Years in degree program required: 2 years
* Should be experienced in MS Office, Excel, Word, Power Point
* Experience with CAD (AutoCad LT), Database (Sharepoint) and generally able to manage a multitude of point focus apps (Pi, PLC/HMI software) would be beneficial, but not required
* Must have a high level of professionalism and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
* Must have excellent interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) skills
* Able to work in a highly organized manner where detail, accuracy, confidentiality, balancing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines are critical
The Candidate May Be Involved In:
* Equipment Reliability and Uptime Improvement Projects
* Waste Reduction Initiatives
* Root Cause Failure Analysis
* Preventive Maintenance Systems
* Work in cross functional teams from quality, safety, and paper making to drive business initiatives
* Interacting with Operators who run our assets
* Designing, Updating, and creating electronic drawing for both power and control electrical systems with follow up after installation
* Research, select, and prepare electrical devices for installation
* Support production needs for new products and efficiency improvements
* Exposure to state of the art electronics and controls on several first Quartile Assets in the Tissue Manufacturing business.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online by October 31, 2019
We appreciate your interest in our company! Applications will be evaluated upon submission and only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. This position will only continue to be advertised until an offer of employment has been made and accepted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here
Please be advised that some positions have been designated as 'Safety Sensitive' where the employee holding the position has a heightened responsibility for his/her own safety or the safety of others due to the nature of the job. If this is the case, you will be informed in the interview process
Irving Tissue, a division of Irving Consumer Products, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Associated topics: adapter, cellular, electrician, energy, lighting, plc, renewable, rf, solar, wiring
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...