The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Work with the Jacobs New York rail/transit traction power group on NY area projects and provide assistance to the traction power group for:
* Technical design for project aspects such as traction power substation and distribution design.
* Detailed engineering designs, and preparation of transit/rail contracts for construction.
* Support national projects.
* Using standard electrical engineering practices for designs.
* Participating in power system studies for AC and DC electrified railway systems.
* Participating in computer simulations and studies including AC and DC systems.
* Participating in site investigations in substations and along railroad tracks.
* Assisting in reviewing contractor shop drawing and testing submittals
* Assisting in preparation of technical proposals.
* Assisting in preparation of proposal presentations.
* Actively participate in Quality Control of design for completeness and accuracy.
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering is required.
* At least 3 years of electrical design experience is required.
* Standard Computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and AutoCAD proficiency is required.
* Experience in Revit preferred.
* Preferred experience in electrified railway (3rd rail or Overhead Contact System) substation and power distribution systems design.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create a collaborative environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Inclusive and Diverse culture as well as our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Associated topics: cable, electric meter, electromagnetic, lineman, live line, nuclear, nuclear technician, relay, urd distribution, power supply
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...