ICAP/Facilities Engineer - Naval Research Laboratory
Compensation: $123,055.00 - $163,660.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Loading some great jobs for you...
Position manages and leads the team of O&M personnel providing Base Operations Support Services (BOSS) at assigned jobsite. Directly supervises departmental supervisors and non-exempt clerical staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Functions associated with operation, sustainment, restoration, and modernization of facilities, roads, structures, and associated property
* Provide incidental engineering and manage the total work effort associated with operation, sustainment, restoration, and modernization of facilities, roads, structures, and associated property
* Serve as the subject matter expert for review and approval of Contractor plans and procedures related to operation and maintenance of the facilities, roads, and structures
* Provide review and approval of related scopes of work and cost proposals provided to the Government
* Fully knowledgeable of all safety, environmental, and energy requirements associated with the work they perform
* Become familiar with and obey all applicable activity regulations, directives and instructions, including fire, traffic, safety and security regulations
* Must be on-site during the Government's regular working hours and must be available on-site within two hours after the Government's request after regular working hours
* Attend meetings, as required by the contract
* Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements
* Accredited engineer with at least five years of management experience at a comparable level of responsibility
* Bachelor of Science degree in engineering from an ABET accredited program
* Management experience dealing with maintenance, repair and operation of a similar range of facilities
* Speak, read, and comprehend English to the extent that they can read and understand printed regulations, detailed written orders, operating procedures, training instructions and materials
* Proof of U.S. citizenship
* Management personnel shall have a SECRET clearance
* Excellent management and employee relations skills
* Ability to work independently and recommend solutions to problems
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Project
* Superior attention to detail
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while attending to multiple tasks and demands
Physical, Environmental and Sensory Requirements
* Works in office areas as well as throughout the installation.
* Physical demands include intermittent sitting, standing, and walking, and occasional bending reaching and lifting.
* Limited exposure to elements such as heat, cold, noise, dust, dirt, chemicals, etc. but generally not to the point of being disagreeable.
This job description is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Associated topics: agriculture, agrosciences, air, bioassay, conservation, environmental science, sustainability, sustainable, waste, wetlands
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...