iRhythm is a leading digital healthcare company focused on the way cardiac arrhythmias are clinically diagnosed by combining our wearable biosensing technology with powerful cloud-based data analytics and machine- learning capabilities. Our goal is to be the leading provider of first-line ambulatory ECG monitoring for patients at risk for arrhythmias. iRhythm's continuous ambulatory monitoring has already put over 1 million patients and their doctors on a shorter path to what they both need - answers.
About this role:
This is an excellent growth opportunity with significant responsibility and ownership. iRhythm Technologies, Inc. is looking for a Failure Analysis Quality Engineer to join our Engineering and Support teams in improving and managing our quality assurance failure analysis process.
This position is a contributing member of the QA team with the primary responsibility of driving product investigations to ensure timely, thorough and accurate root cause analysis of electrical and mechanical characteristics of iRhythm Technologies, Inc. products. The ideal candidate has electro-mechanical engineering experience and a demonstrated ability to cross-functionally address technical challenges with creative problem solving techniques.
* Responsible for identifying and researching failures to improve product quality and reliability.
* Develop, record and perform various failure analysis on systems and components to identify root cause.
* Establish root cause failure analysis techniques, processes and test methods.
* Develop and manage methods for tracking process failure trends based on failure analysis results.
* Function as the lead complaint investigator. Performing complaint investigations and working with cross functional teams as needed to determine root cause, ensuring all investigations are completed in timely manner.
* Apply statistical tools to analyze data and drive problem resolution
* Analyze failure reports and recommend corrective action to prevent reoccurrence of problems.
* Interact with device and process development engineers to assist in corrective actions and related risk assessment.
* Identify optimum analytical approaches critical to problems.
Skills and Knowledge:
* Exceptional problem-solving skills; experience problem solving to identify root cause;
* Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate effectively across engineering disciplines
* Agility in working with cross-functional teams; effective in communicating technical concepts to non-technical people and translating their concerns to engineering impact
* Familiar with failure analysis tools, techniques, and processes
* Strong organizational and time management instincts; able to coordinate resources to meet deadlines in the context of competing priorities and projects; ability to work well under pressure
* Knowledge with electronic test equipment such as oscilloscope and test systems to do board failure analysis and debug; experience performing bench testing including measurements analysis
* Experience in using Microsoft Excel, Word, and Visio
* Knowledge of the Quality Management System; Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree in an applied science or engineering field
* Minimum of 2 years of experience in the medical device industry or equivalent combination of education and experience, performing failure investigations
* Background in electronics, sustaining engineering and/or new product development engineering preferred
What's in it for you:
This is a full-time position with competitive salary package and excellent benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays and paid time off.
IRhythm also provides additional benefits including 401K (w/ company match), an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, annual organizational/cultural committee events and more!
FLSA Status: Exempt
As a part of our core values, we ensure a diverse and inclusive workforce. We welcome and celebrate people of all backgrounds, experiences, skills and perspectives. iRhythm Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/V/D). Pursuant to San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Make iRhythm your path forward.
Associated topics: autocad, brakes, bsme, design, fluid, motor, rotordynamic, turbine, vehicle, vibration