COA Scientist, PCE Consulting (R1106807)
Compensation: $96,900.00 - $143,000.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
IQVIA is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
Patient-Centered Endpoints (PCE) Scientific Consultant
The remit of the Patient-Centered Endpoints (PCE) solution team at IQVIA is to amplify the patient's story through science and technology to improve outcomes. This team comprises both a PCE Sciences group and a PCE Technology group. The PCE Sciences group aims to help pharmaceutical and biotech companies reliably measure and interpret the patient's story about their disease and treatment experiences. Through this we can derive meaningful outcomes for patients, caregivers and healthcare professionals, enhance informed decision-making, and ultimately improve the life and health of patients. The PCE Sciences group is looking to expand its team of PCE Scientific Consultants to include additional experienced Clinical Outcome Assessment (COA) Scientists.
The COA Scientist must be able to:
* Provide scientific advice and leadership to ensure that the patient's story is appropriately captured and caveated in research activities
* Use modern and rigorous scientific methodologies to undertake primary and secondary research focused on generating a comprehensive understanding of a disease and treatment paradigm
* Translate qualitative and quantitative data into meaningful value messages and communicate these to pharmaceutical and biotech companies, regulatory authorities, payer organisations, healthcare professionals (HCPs) and patient advocacy groups
Specific role activities include:
* COA selection and development, including:
* Conducting qualitative research (eg interviews) and quantitative research (eg patient preference surveys) to inform development of conceptual disease-models
* Critically appraising existing COA measures against regulatory and payer evidentiary standards
* Evaluating the psychometric performance of COA measures (with the support of statisticians/psychometricians to plan and run analyses)
* Providing leadership for regulatory, payer, HCP and patient consultation (including development of materials and active participation in meetings)
* Developing COA endpoint strategies for pharmaceutical and biotech companies
* COA implementation and dissemination, including:
* Providing expert advice on COA measurement implementation (e.g. protocol development) and analysis (e.g. statistical analysis plan development)
* Providing interpretation of COA data
* Preparing reports, dossiers, abstracts and manuscripts presenting COA results
* Participating in external thought leadership
* Participating in business development activities, including proposal writing and client meetings
* Working in teams, including:
* Collaborating with multi-disciplinary groups within PCE solutions and the broader IQVIA organization
* Providing PCE scientific leadership to study teams
* Acting as coach and mentor to junior scientific team members
Qualifications and skills
* Relevant advanced academic degree & training in COA methods, including the emerging regulatory and payer perspectives
* At least 5 years of COA experience in drug or device development
* Must be fluent in the English language (written and spoken) and have good communication skills
* Must be willing and able to travel globally
* Must be autonomous and self-driven with a proven ability to manage multiple priorities and projects and work in multi-disciplinary teams
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at ...@iqvia.com to arrange for such an accommodation.
Job ID: R1106807
Apply Now Not ready to Apply?
CHECK OUT OUR SIMILAR JOBS
* Clinical Research Associate Jobs
* Researcher Jobs
* Jobs in Ithaca, New York
* Clinical Research Associate Jobs Ithaca, New York
Associated topics: biological engineer, biomaterials, biomedical engineer, bioprocess, fermentation, hereditary, nutrition, parenteral, pharmaceutical, therapeutic
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...