Engineering/Construction Technician I
Compensation: $84,400.00 - $131,130.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers’ operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
The Engineering Technician will be performing testing services, entering reports and data gathered from tests and observations for our St. Louis, MO Construction Services Department. The job schedule will include some overtime, nights and weekends as needed.
- Activities will include performing field testing and inspections on soil, concrete, masonry and asphalt.
- Review plans and specifications, performing the inspections accordingly
- Inspect placement of reinforcing steel and post-tensioned cables
- Communicate results with contractors, engineers and others
- Input results and observations into daily reports
- Must have high school diploma/GED
- 1+ years experience in soils, reinforced concrete and other materials testing/inspection disciplines is preferred, but not required.
- ICC Special Inspectors (Reinforced Concrete, Masonry, Soils, Fireproofing, Structural Steel Welding, Structural Steel Bolting, Post Tension) certifications preferred, but not required.
- ACI Certification highly desired, but not required.
- Individuals with less experience are welcome to apply – we offer in-house training and opportunity for advancement commensurate with performance.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
LI-EW* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...