Scientist, Delivery Sciences
Intellia Therapeutics in Erie, PA
- Industry: Scientific Research - Health/Medicine/Pharmacology
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $81,640.00 - 118,940.00 / Year*
At Intellia, we are revolutionizing medicine by harnessing the power of? genome editing? to develop potential cures. We bring new hope for people living with conditions including cancer, genetic disorders, viral infections, inflammatory disorders and many more.
Intellia is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Scientist to join our team.?The primary responsibilities for this position will be designing and executing biological assays and materials characterization techniques to develop mechanistic insights related to lipid nanoparticle (LNP) mediated RNA delivery.
- Design cell-based and cell-free assays that interrogate biological interactions of LNPs.
- Characterize LNPs using advanced bioanalytical and characterization techniques (SAXS, NMR, DSC, etc.).
- Leverage findings to drive rational design of next gen delivery platform.
- Formulate nanoparticles as test articles for mechanistic and non-mechanistic studies.
- Conduct experiments, independently and in collaboration with colleagues in support of project goals.
- Design, implement, troubleshoot, and modify experiments to reach desired goals.
- Communicate research and development findings with internal and external partners.
- Operate and maintain multiple laboratory instruments.
- Assist in maintaining general laboratory functionality, including lab equipment maintenance and the ordering and receiving of lab supplies.
- PhD in Engineering, Chemistry, Materials or Pharmaceutical Sciences with 0-2 years of industry experience or M.S. in Engineering, Chemistry, Materials or Pharmaceutical Sciences with 5-7 years of experience.
- A strong background in physics/soft matter/bio-membranes is desired but not required.
- Strong understanding of nanoparticle-mediated delivery (current challenges and barriers to efficacy particularly in vivo).
- Previous experience with formulation and characterization of LNPs.
- Cell culture technique and cell-based assay design.
- Broad skill set that enables communication across multiple disciplines (biology, chemistry, materials, physics, etc.).
- Analytical experience with chromatography is a plus.
- Exceptional time management.
- Effective communication skills (both written and oral).
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
What Intellia Stands For:
At Intellia, our mission is to develop potentially curative genome editing treatments that can positively transform the lives of people living with severe and life-threating diseases.
We push boundaries. We are focused on positively disrupting health care treatment of patients with genomic diseases. The values we live by and drivers we look for are:
- One is respect for individuals; our unique qualities and strengths; our own ways to understand, learn and improve. One is our single-minded determination to excel; to succeed together. One is you and us ? trusting and counting on every single one of us.
- Explore because we seek new ways to tackle disease. Explore with unbounded minds?free from assumptions, open to ideas. Explore by staying curious, by pushing boundaries, overcoming obstacles. Explore means thinking of new ways.
- Disrupt by thinking courageously?and creating a better future. Disrupt by defying conformity; interrogating the status quo; questioning our momentum. Disrupt with challenging thoughts?with that breed of skepticism that shows you have better solutions.
- Deliver with your focus on the objective and your determination to complete the task. Deliver by advancing relentlessly and by maintaining high standards?even when nobody is watching. Deliver by staying accountable and pulling your weight. Deliver because patients are counting on us to make the promise reality. Get it done.
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Intellia believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Intellia will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Associated topics: aseptic technique, diet, drug development, immuno oncology, immunoassay, nutritionist, pharmacometrics, pharmacy, therapy, toxicologist
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!