- Integrated Project Management
- $94,360.00 -141,170.00/year*
IPM is a project management consulting firm that advises on and leads the execution of companies' most complex initiatives. Headquartered in Chicago with offices in Boston, Parsippany, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, St. Louis and San Francisco, IPM has led more than 4,000 projects for over 350 clients in the United States and across continents. Our clientele ranges from Fortune 100 companies to startups.
Our Project Management Consultants are our full-time employees. They are our most important asset and the competitive advantage that sets us apart from the rest. They have experience in one or more of our industries, adapt quickly to new environments, and above all are strong LEADERS.
In 2016, IPM was recognized as one of Forbes magazine's 25 Best Small Companies in America. In addition, IPM has been named a \"Best Workplace\" for eight consecutive years by the Great Place to Work Institute.
The Project Management Consultant is experienced in leadership, accountable for overall project implementation, and will work with clients in the life sciences industry, including pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical devices.
As a Project Management Consultant, your primary goals and focus will be to:
* Integrate on-site into the client environment to effectively lead project teams while building positive professional relationships with clients and associates.
* Define project objectives, requirements, and assumptions necessary to structure a project or activity.
* Plan, schedule, and control project activities to fulfill objectives and satisfy project requirements.
* Develop and drive integrated project plans, aligning project tactics with project strategy.
* Establish, maintain, and lead high performance project teams, serving as the project advocate within the client organization. Lead, coordinate, facilitate, and motivate all associated project resources to gain alignment on project goals and deliverables.
* Lead risk management within project teams, ensuring risks have appropriate mitigation and contingency plans.
* Manage projects within established scope, schedule, and budget while meeting and exceeding IPM project management standards.
* Develop and document high-level strategies for accomplishing specific project objectives.
* Facilitate and lead effective project meetings, manage change and conflict, and develop resource planning estimates to manage project workload and productivity.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate for this Project Management Consultant position will possess the following:
* Bachelor's degree in a science or engineering discipline. Advanced degrees are a plus.
* 6-20+ years of industry experience in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, diagnostics, and/or medical device industries.
* 3+ years of project management experience related to one or more of IPM's business offerings: product development and launch, business process optimization, technology transfer, regulatory submission and/or regulatory compliance, and/or quality assurance.
* Knowledge and application of a disciplined project management process (Six Sigma and Project Management Professional certifications are a plus).
* Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills to effectively communicate and build relationships with a broad spectrum of audiences at all organizational levels.
* Sound technical aptitude and proven ability to grasp general knowledge of multiple disciplines and technologies with superior computer usage skills.
* Strong competencies in planning, project management, and organization with the ability to lead multiple activities and resources while maintaining a focus on quality.
* Solid analytical and strategic capabilities and business acumen along with demonstrated work ethic, integrity, and professional conduct and appearance.
* Ability to produce and present clear, concise, and professionally written communications and presentations.
* Full-time employment with a growing company
* Bench time in between projects dedicated to personal and professional development
* Formal new hire orientation to position you for success
* Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
* Annual performance bonus potential
* 100% employer-paid health, dental, and life insurance coverage for employees
* 401(k) matching
* Business development incentives
* Philanthropy driven culture
* Paid training and certification
* 100% promotion from within
* Quarterly social activities
* Cell phone reimbursement
* Assistance with relocation* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...